Luckiest Guy On Earth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cathryn said:
She was neither shy not knackered! She was avoiding the dodgy American bloke.

Or worse still the dodgy long-haired bloke :biggrin: :wacko:

Of the two I met cycling, one was German, one English. In the Youth Hostels I came across a few walkers and a single mum and son. The English girl was riding a three gear sit up and beg. It was hard not to talk to her and we ended up cycling together all day. I think most are quite willing to chat provided you don't come across as some freaky loon bag.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Girls alone do tend to be slightly wary (or is that just me). But girls travelling alone are generally keen on adventure and romance...you need to just find the balance. Freaky Loon Bag, as Crackle suggested, isn't the way forward.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
This American guy was not pestering her .. he was genuinely trying to help her as we had all seen her struggling with the rear derailler set up earlier.

..anyway...I have to say I'm very wary when riding alone, I get chatted up all the time...It's just typical of these women who seem to think that they can just use me as some kind of sex machine and then ride off into the mist in the morning...I mean...come on ...I hav efeelings as well you know. Sometimes I wish i could get jus tone nights rest on tour...

Tony

I came across (fnaar) two German girls riding through my town. They were on their way South to Brighton on NCN21, and had missed the turn. The person they had stopped to get directions from was the new waiter at the local Indian retaurant....
They were in their 20s, and were riding on the footpath, because obviously it is illegal to ride on the roads. They are for cars, aren't they?
They had come all the way down from London on footpaths.
I took them along to the route and gave a little advice on the law (and spot fines)
A bit off topic, but it sums up my reservations about "great cycle networks"
Not so great when they come with road bans.

stephenjubb said:
It would be great to meet more English women like the lady detailed above, but the question is how many English women like cycling and touring?

Are they are a rare breed? On my experience they seem to be!!

I chanced upon this site:

http://www.fitness-singles.com/register-camp.asp?gclid=CPObxbfPrpgCFYwh3goduRpRUw

It is a dating site, BUT for those with a major interest in outdoor sports! You may well find your dream lady! :biggrin:

Worth a look, but IMO it really is best to meet in the,er, flesh!

Crackle said:

Life's all about taking chances, Crackle! I thought you'd know that! :biggrin:

I typed in 'single sport fitness' and found it. By chance!

You seen any good sorts there yet? :smile:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
...I am reminded of the French female tourer who pitched her tent a few meters from mine last summer in an empty field...then had to move it away when her husband showed up and shrugged:biggrin:.

Top Bottom