Luckiest Guy On Earth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephenjubb

Über Member
The chap in this story below

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page/?o=3Tzut&page_id=86018&v=40

met a girl on tour, married her, then they both set out on a several month tour together.

What are the chances of that happening! Amazing! Am I Jealous! Too Right!!!

It would be great to meet more English women like the lady detailed above, but the question is how many English women like cycling and touring?

Are they are a rare breed? On my experience they seem to be!!

Such a shame!!!

Of course If I'm wrong I apologize in advance, I mean to make no generalizations about women, merrily an observation.

What does everyone else think?

HelenD123

Legendary Member
We're not impossible to find, you know.:tongue: (Sorry, but I'm taken though;)).

I'm very jealous of their trip. :smile:

'tis a nice story.

I've toured several times on my own and on each occasion ended up riding with people for a few hours to a few days. On two occasions they were women, so I'd say your chances of meeting people are good, whether you hit it off is an entirely different matter.

Tony

There's another one on there, where they are spending their honeymoon riding across central Asia.....

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
how many English women like cycling and touring?

...unfortunatly it would seem that the few that do are attached and I have never seen one riding alone in any event.

Nice story, good luck to them.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Why do they have to be English? You are restricting yourselves a bit there aren't you?
It is true though that there are very few single female cycle tourists out there, although having said that I have met a few over the years, but only one or two of them were English!
The girl in this story seems to be Canadian and I would suggest that you are more likely to meet solo female cycle tourists from the likes of USA, NZ, Germany, etc.

BigonaBianchi

..true..in Germany there were several single female tourers doing the length of the country like me...only they were all going the other way...also they tended to be the green, alternative, legs like tree trunks type ...you know, not your fit, blonde, up for it type:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
No, we are out there...but under 50, we're a rarity. The Dutch and Germans are more likely to touring though if you expand your search. I actually think touring is a part of cycling where women are much better represented than racing or MTB for example - but it tends to attract the older crowd. I sometimes think that at heart, I'm a 50 year old German!

Those crazyguy journals are lovely - I love the canadian one, such a fairytale meeting, but the Americans cycling across Asia are totally awe inspiring, they're keeping me going through Winter.

BigonaBianchi

please dont talk to me about 50 year old German women:biggrin:.

...I did actually meet one solo English cycle tourer in Basel while I had time to kill waiting for a flight.. She was about 24 and on some kind of uni break. She had gone down to Decathlon and kitted hersef out with everything they had..bike, tent...clothes were all brand new and from decathlon. She was either very shy or knackered as she spent almost a complete day inside her tent avoiding a 60 year old American tourer who kept trying to talk to her about her bike through her closed up tent.....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
BigonaBianchi said:
...unfortunatly it would seem that the few that do are attached and I have never seen one riding alone in any event.

Nice story, good luck to them.

I have never met one riding alone. But I did meet two riding together doing a JOGLE.

Top Bottom