England : Hertfordshire Lumpy Sunday. 24th November CANCELLED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Time for another Forum ride, this time my Lumpy Sunday. 70 miles around Hertforshire, Buckinghamshire & a bit of Bedforshire. As the name suggests there are a few hills (a few downs as well as the ups) A coffee and cake stop after 50 miles at a P Mead & sons Tea shop. Starting from Hemel Hempstead train station around 10ish. I'm not the fastest up the hills but it wont be a leisurely pootle, probably between 14-16 mph average.
Here is an initial route but it might get a few tweeks.

Jay

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry mate, I will be out with LongMartin the day before on his Rye Ride

Gains84

Ill put myself down as a maybe!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oh my, that is lumpy!

I am out all day on the 23th, for a footy booze up.....

So can I be a maybe subject to how I feel when I wake up on the 24th please? Thanks.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Oh Golly Gosh.
I've just looked at the route again. It does go up Bison Hill. Between miles 33 and 34. Climbs about 120m in 1k. On the Ditchling scale, about 1.5x.
I've never tried it - I'm always in a taxi on the way to work at Whipsnade at the top of the hill.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike