Lunch, dinner, tea.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Bloody southerners and their poncy nonsense. 😂

You think we're bad. The French have breakfast at lunch (déjeuner) but, realising how silly that is, have a little breakfast before that.

classic33

Leg End Member
On my wife's side of the family, there seem to be only one word for both meals: they are both called dinner which can be very confusing. Yet, it is very simple really. A mid-day meal is called Lunch and an evening meal is Dinner. Tea is a drink made with boiling water. What could be simpler?
At least, there is no confusion about breakfast, every body seem to agree on that one.
Going to be the awkward one here, I've had my dinner gone two in the morning.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Going to be the awkward one here, I've had my dinner gone two in the morning.

That, sir, is an early breakfast!

Hobbit Meal Times​

Resembling traditional English meal times, hobbits enjoy up to seven meals roughly every two to three hours. When they're home in the Shire, hobbits keep a strict schedule revolving around food. If you want to dine like a hobbit, these are the names and meal times of each feast:

• Breakfast - 7 a.m.
  • Second Breakfast - 9 a.m.
  • Elevenses - 11 a.m.
  • Luncheon - 1 p.m.
  • Afternoon Tea - 3 p.m.
  • Dinner - 6 p.m.
  • Supper - 9 p.m.

'There is frequent mention of second breakfast in cycle touring journals on CycleBlaze.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Breakfast
Lunch
Tea
Oop north.

TBH its 'Food' or 'tea' shouted as loud as you can because the adult children are gaming with noise cancelling headphones.

Feck it I feel as im the idiot that cooks after cycle commuting. Oh your traffic was hard, sat on your ass.

Top Bottom