Lunch, dinner, tea.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Supper is the meal you have after coming home from the pub and cannot be eaten before 10 pm.

I'm not sure I could eat kebabs every night.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
When I was growing up, it was always:
Breakfast
Elevenses
Lunch
Teatime
Dinner
Supper

I tend to go with every other one these days, skipping Elevenses, Teatime & Supper.

Lunch is a light meal like a plate of sandwiches with a little salad followed by cake and lashings of tea, whereas dinner is a proper cooked meal, hence school dinners, Sunday lunch, Sunday dinner. The same goes for tea as a meal in the evening, if it's cooked and substantial it is dinner, not tea

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Agree supper is late evening after having been out pub etc.

Dinner is the largest meal of the day, eaten between noon and 2 pm. If the consumer is travelling it may be replaced by lunch. The word Lunch is always preceded by packed and denotes a sandwich of plastic ham or cheese on cheap vinegary bread, a cannonball pork pie, a chocolate biscuit, a cotton wool apple (no other fruit or vegetables are allowed) and a can of sweet fizzy pop.

vickster

Legendary Member
Breakfast
Lunch
Tea
Oop north.

TBH its 'Food' or 'tea' shouted as loud as you can because the adult children are gaming with noise cancelling headphones.

Feck it I feel as im the idiot that cooks after cycle commuting. Oh your traffic was hard, sat on your ass.

Ever considered kicking them out? :whistle:

Top Bottom