Luton airport bus.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

red_tom

Just back from a very enjoyable skiing break in Isola in france. We got a cab to Luton airport on the way out as we we're flying at 7am. On the way back we got the usual transfer shuttle bus to Luton airport parkway.

We then leave the bus, enter the ticket hall, buy tickets to London and show them to the ticket guy as the barriers weren't working.

Ticket guy - 'One pound each for the bus'
Us - 'WTF?'
TG - 'I'm fed up explaining this, you have to pay one pound each for getting the bus' (Seriously, this is what he said)
Us - 'Errr, since when?'
TG - 'Two weeks ago'
Us - 'Any poster or anything to state that this is what has happened?'
TG - 'There's a poster over there <gestures vaguely>.
Us - <Hand over money as there's about 5 minutes till the last train>

Unbelieveable. Firstly I'm not sure that they can ask for money after you've used the service and more importantly, they've no proof that we had taken the bus, we could have got a cab or walked from the airport to the station.

Compare this to our experience on holiday. The Nice Airport -> Isola public bus (about a 90 minute drive) costs one Euro. You pay in advance, they've got tickets and everything.

Keith Oates

Janner
I agree you should have ben avised about the fare before getting on th bus, don't know the legal aspect on whether you can refuse to pay or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
red_tom

red_tom

Lord of the Teapot said:

It definately is (but an official one.) If you google for Luton Airport Parkway bus then the pages listed mention a free shuttle. If you visit the pages, they mention a shuttle. This shows the pages have been recently updated to remove the word free. :tongue:

Top Bottom