Lycra abuse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I nearly always wear lycra and often get teased for it, as unless you're a speedskater, it's roundly hated by most skaters here. This weekend, one of my female colleagues was like "Mike, can't you at least have brought a pair of jeans with you?". I answered "Why, can't you stop looking?". End of conversation, everyone was in stitches. Chuffed!!!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
I know what you mean, my neighbour cant take her eyes off me crotch when i'm in the lift.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Hehehehe! It's not that my colleague actually looks, she doesn't, but more that for once I came up with an unanswerable comeback.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Strange substance. Sometimes, no problem or even a nice sight.

Very easily gets the same rubbernecking potential as a 10 car pile-up

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
When I started commuting into work at my last place - 60 mile round trip - I was of course on a road bike and full lycra - the women used to try to take the micky - more like wanting to see me in it...... I was in before them and usually had left after them so it was OK.....

You just have to get used to the abuse - just say you wouldn't go swimming without swimming trunks/suit on would you ?

Tynan

Veteran
I look very fit and svelte in my gear I think, nothing but approving remarks from the girls here, the forum jersey has bent he final touch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Generally the only lycra I wear on my commute is the elastic in my pants. So it doesn't often get remarked upon...;)

GrahamG

Guru
I like to get my girlfriend to give it a little rub before I leave so i don't look quite so much like a woman ;)

All joking aside, I popped my own lycra cherry just the other day (I've never gone out without shorts over the top). Felt really weird - glad I didn't have to stop anywhere - but also meant that I was cold due to bib tights not having that second layer, I now understand why so many tights are unpadded for use over shorts!

I've had some very nice spontaneous compliments from female colleagues - who have then blushed and gone into pretty confusion.

All very flattering for a chap who has never considered himself particularly attractive.

Top Bottom