'Lycra clad louts'. You can say that! (Daily Mail was misreporting)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I thought they were shouting Lycra pout. That’s why I blow kisses back at anyone to utter it towards me.

CharleyFarley

"A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress,..."

The key word is 'intent.' I was joking, your honor. Prove that I intended to harass and/or alarm.

I know it's fake but it did enter someone's head.

Let's face it, though. Skinny blokes in skinny Lycra, with skinny helmets and skinny shoes, mounted on skinny bikes with skinny tires, deserve to be called Lycra louts. At least, the ones around here deserve it. On Sundays when groups of such cyclists are on the road, if I wave to them from my fat bike, they don't return the wave. I guess I'm lucky they don't turn around and come after me. ^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
"A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress,..."

The key word is 'intent.' I was joking, your honor. Prove that I intended to harass and/or alarm.

I know it's fake but it did enter someone's head.

Let's face it, though. Skinny blokes in skinny Lycra, with skinny helmets and skinny shoes, mounted on skinny bikes with skinny tires, deserve to be called Lycra louts. At least, the ones around here deserve it. On Sundays when groups of such cyclists are on the road, if I wave to them from my fat bike, they don't return the wave. I guess I'm lucky they don't turn around and come after me. ^_^
What about 6'4" musclebound weightlifters in lycra?

Boopop

Guru
A reported move for the expression to be made a hate crime

"Back in the autumn the Daily Mail made inaccurate claims our media reporting guidelines for road collisions were calling for 'abuse of cyclists to be made a hate crime'. Today, in Laker v Daily Mail, I'm happy to announce press regulator IPSO has ruled in our favour "

Seems like OP @Cycleops is either unable or unwilling to read the posted article. Still, we're all having a good chuckle at how the media reports on life changing crashes that affect whole families if not whole communities, with often little respect shown to the victim, and the responsibility of the driver involved downplayed. Sigh.

bladesman73

Ãœber Member
"Back in the autumn the Daily Mail made inaccurate claims our media reporting guidelines for road collisions were calling for 'abuse of cyclists to be made a hate crime'. Today, in Laker v Daily Mail, I'm happy to announce press regulator IPSO has ruled in our favour "

Seems like OP @Cycleops is either unable or unwilling to read the posted article. Still, we're all having a good chuckle at how the media reports on life changing crashes that affect whole families if not whole communities, with often little respect shown to the victim, and the responsibility of the driver involved downplayed. Sigh.
The problem is with scum rags like the Mail that the damage is done by their bullshit initial article which is emblazoned in bold print, however corrections and apologies are hidden away

Top Bottom