Lycra louts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Funny, I came across these 2 articles yesterday and had to check what paper I was reading....
I suppose it's a form of journalistic ping pong.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/10252518/Why-cyclists-should-be-allowed-to-jump-red-lights.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/acti...noying-things-pedestrians-do-to-cyclists.html

Siegfried

I suppose Surrey folks like the benefits of their proximity to London for jobs and so on but aren't happy about London's proximity to Surrey if Londoners follow them back home on a Friday night for a weekend in in the country. I'm sure they'll work it out between themselves in due course.

In the meantime, and in view of the fact that the fellow who kicked this spat off with his petition is a shooting enthusiast, perhaps the Telegraph will balance their article about the terrible deeds done by people riding bikes with a recap of the contribution to society over recent years from gun nuts with anger issues.

Whiskey88

Just reading the article, I suspect the driver may have attempted some dangerous overtakes in order to receive a spitting. Strangely, the papers don't seem to like mentioning that bit...

Hip Priest

Veteran
Its not done for no reason. Although it can be misplaced
I think @BentMikey said it but if you find an angry cyclist you're a s*** driver.

I remember reading a column in the Sunday Mirror from Carole Malone about cyclists. She said something like 'Not a day goes by without one slapping my roof!' which means that she's exaggerating, or that she's an absolutely shocking driver.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
No, honestly I don't want to start a riot but which demographic would you interview about "How the world has changed" to give it a negative spin? Why Surrey grannies of course, grannies with cars no less. Should we unnecessarily worry about spittle on the outside when inside there is probable a dribble or two?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
"“I am not allowed out of my front door. It’s a cul-de-sac. I can’t go anywhere by car,” says Mr Huggins, who lives in Esher and runs a clay-pigeon-shooting school at weekends."
There's been a clay pigeon shooting session going on near to where i live for the past umpteen years. The noise is dreadful, i think i'll start a petition to get it stopped!:rolleyes:
Oh what are they all moaning about?! I remember in the 1960's large groups of men and women coming through our small town on their Sunday rides. A couple used to put out a table selling homemade sandwiches,cakes,lemonade and tea etc.Happy days indeed!:cheers:Mind you there were far less moaning rat race motorists on the roads then!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom