M*a*s*h

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At last, after more than 35 years and hundreds of episodes, I finally managed to see the final two hours of the show this evening.
What a great series it was; class script, class characters and class actors.
A hard act to top, if ever there was one.
One of the all-time classic comedy/dramas.

Now just need to track down the last 'Cheers' episode! :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
I never tire of watching this on gold,or what ever channel shows them,fantastic series,and we never used to miss cheers either when it was origionally on.:biggrin:

Noodley

I always liked it, not to the extent of taking 35 years to search out every episode :biggrin:

I always found knowing it was very popular in the US annoying for some reason, as it annoys me a country I despise has decent people living there :biggrin:

Noodley

Dayvo said:
Now just need to track down the last 'Cheers' episode! :biggrin:

Can't remember the episode but my favourite quote (probably misquote) from Cheers was from Norm when he walked into the bar from a severe snowstorm and was asked if Jack Frost was nipping at his nose, to which he replied along the lines of "yes, now let's get Jack (maybe it was Joe :biggrin:) beer nipping at my liver."

Is that the most vague favourite quote/misquote ever? :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
As he enters the pub...N o r m:biggrin:

I vaguely remember that,but woody was my fave character.:biggrin:

Noodley

Dave5N said:
Mash was great and although occassionally shmaltzy, it was also radical and above all, funny.

It was, and hence that is why I am disappointed it was loved by so many Americans. My prejudice does not like it :sad:;)

longers

Legendary Member
Hearing the theme songs to MASH and Cheers sends shivers down my back. Takes me right back to when I was young and innocent and the living was easy.

My dad was the spitting image of Hawkeye :sad:. He still would be but Mr Alda has smaller bags under his eyes (with the help of the surgeons knife no?).

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I'm wary of American telly too and find most of their comedy to be utterly stilted and naff (cf the appalling "Friends") but now and then a real gem comes along. Ladies and Gennelmen I give you: Boston Legal. Very funny, very intelligent (even by our standards) and it's got Capt Kirk in it!

red_tom

The Young Soul Rebel said:
Arrested Development is dry, nasty and very funny

+1 to that. It also doesn't have any of The Office/Curb you Enthusiasm cringe hell.

I was a huge fan of MASH. My external hard drive is called The Swamp after their tent.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
MASH was staple Wednesday night watching for most of my secondary school life.

The film is rubbish though.
Disagree there.

I saw the film when it came out and was very disappointed when the TV version turned out to be a sanitised imitation, with none of the black humour of the original.

Too much of a cosy sitcom for me.

shinamo

remember first and second series , great comedy and tragedy ! Poor Korea , but a good career for some !

Top Bottom