Maeving Electric bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a.twiddler

Veteran
Yes, I admit that I'm suffering from being a "look back bore" by liking the retro styling of the Maeving RM bike.

It reminds me of an old bike I had in the 1970's, which had a Villiers engine.

Similar to the bike in the picture below.
View attachment 671956

That looks like an early model. Even so, everything on it is there for a practical purpose, including the centre stand.

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
For an electric motorbike(manufacturers definition) you'd need to be 17 or above and have passed a CBT course OR have a full motorcycle licence.

Also have it fully registered, VED'd and insured to take it onto the roads.

Provided your full drivers license was acquired before February 1st 2001, you can ride L1E or L3E classified electric motorcycles.

D

Deleted member 26715

All I know is that I have a full car licence, which was obtained before 1st Dec 2001, so I can ride a 30mph electric motorbike without L-plates or a CBT certificate.:okay:
I've just found a PDF which tries to explain it & I'm still no wiser

Seems something of a triumph of form over substance.

The Puegeot is a bit more honest about what it is. It isn't flash. It's probably cheaper too. It's got better weather protection, probably weighs less and has better aerodynamics so all other things being equal will be more efficient. That makes it a better design to my mind.

I'd have the Puegeot before the Maeving. BUT I'd probably rather have a 125cc bike or scooter rather than either plus about five grand change. If they can start making them cheaper I might change my mind.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
For an electric motorbike(manufacturers definition) you'd need to be 17 or above and have passed a CBT course OR have a full motorcycle licence.

Also have it fully registered, VED'd and insured to take it onto the roads.

They fully cover the licencing issues in their FAQs: https://help.maeving.com/en-US/articles/licensing-&-cbts-8626
And there's also a restricted power version which seems to be aimed at the 50cc moped market
There are two reasons why customers may wish to order a restricted power version. The first is in the case that the customer is aged 16. 16 year old customers may ride a Restricted Power version of a Maeving RM1 if they have passed a CBT. The other key reason is if you a) passed your test before 1st February 2001 AND b) do not wish to do a CBT.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Regardless of what it is, I find it interesting how someone can look at it and say they like it. Everyone to their own, I suppose. For me this is an equivalent of covering spaghetti in diarrhea and saying it looks tasty xx(

OP
OP
GuyBoden

GuyBoden

Guru
Regardless of what it is, I find it interesting how someone can look at it and say they like it. Everyone to their own, I suppose. For me this is an equivalent of covering spaghetti in diarrhea and saying it looks tasty xx(

It's copying the vintage bike look, so for old blokes who had the originals, it's just rose tinted nostalgia sales pitch marketeering. Works for me.

3fb2671175edee831211ac495b--vintage-cycles-classic.jpg

Top Bottom