Magic Spanner by Carlton Kirby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bladesman73

Über Member
Am halfway through this book. Seriously, it's as if Alan Partridge wrote it, surprised it wasn't called 'Bouncing Back'. For example "To be honest I hate most of the music Dan (Lloyd) plays...whenever the rap attack gets too much, I just ask for a bit of Richard Hawley to replace whatever garbage I have been subjected to. The only thing in my opinion missing from rap music is the letter C"
All that is missing is the sentence 'needless to say I had the last laugh' replicated 48 times.
Has anyone else read this book?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don't think I want to. :sad:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Magic Spanner has been widely praised, even by some outside the cloistered world of road cycling.

I'm not a reader of cycling books, or books in general, but am tempted by this one.

OP
OP
bladesman73

bladesman73

Über Member
Magic Spanner has been widely praised, even by some outside the cloistered world of road cycling.

I'm not a reader of cycling books, or books in general, but am tempted by this one.
Hmm...it has a few decent anecdotes but mostly filled with stuff most pro cycling fans already know. It isn't terrible but I have just finished reading The Beast The Emperor and The Milkman which is one of the best books I have read, so Magic Spanner had something to follow.

Top Bottom