Magnatom's Helmet Camera Setup!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

gavintc said:
I have thought about getting a cam, but I would have to censor the output. There are some pretty revealing sights on my commute with about 20-30 prostitutes at the side of the road in various stages of undress. But the potholes and the general driving standards would entertain. Maybe something to consider.

Aye, I have to be careful what I look at in the summer in case my wife looks at the footage! :evil::biggrin:

Does the 405 power the camera or you use the "AA battery" pack?

I had the DVR2 recently but was really disappointed with it so ended up sending it back :/

OP
OP
M

magnatom

drsquirrel said:
Does the 405 power the camera or you use the "AA battery" pack?

I had the DVR2 recently but was really disappointed with it so ended up sending it back :/

The camera is powered separately. I have (and wit is included in the sale) a dedicated 2000mhA li-ion battery pack that can power the camera. I also have connectors that allow you to power both the archos and the camera from the same battery. I generally don't do this, but if you bought a more powerful battery (http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/power_for_bullet_cam.htm) like the 12V 8400mah battery then you could film for quite a while. (The connector I mention are the 12V to 5V converter and the splitter)

Thanks for the info mate, I'm not sure if I am going to be buying anything sadly, although I was before I am holding off a bit for the next month.

Do you have a pic of everything that is included? That would help people understand more what is included :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

xx(

It would be going to a good home as well, as I'm sure you'd put it to good use! :wacko:

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Sorry Mags, Having spoken to Mrs Vike, it's a no. As she pointed out....My word (unfortunately) carries a bit more weight than Joe Publics. And I've only had 3 incidents of note in a year of commuting!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Vikeonabike said:
Sorry Mags, Having spoken to Mrs Vike, it's a no. As she pointed out....My word (unfortunately) carries a bit more weight than Joe Publics. And I've only had 3 incidents of note in a year of commuting!

We know who wears the trousers in that household.....:becool:

No worries. Hmm. Maybe I need to try selling this on bus forums! :smile:

thomas

the tank engine
magnatom said:
Ok. This is my absolutely my last reduction. £110. It's a steal!!!:ohmy:

I think it's worth saying, that for £110 it is a bargain. I paid about that for my atc2000 and bits a few years ago. The muvi cost around £80-100 with the accessories and cards and things.

I'd offer you a cheeky £80 for it, but I'd only be buying it to try and haggle with you :biggrin:

Mags, for £20 you can put a video advert on my channel for the camera :sad:...that's only 16 pence a subscriber : )

OP
OP
M

magnatom

thomas said:
I think it's worth saying, that for £110 it is a bargain. I paid about that for my atc2000 and bits a few years ago. The muvi cost around £80-100 with the accessories and cards and things.

I'd offer you a cheeky £80 for it, but I'd only be buying it to try and haggle with you :ohmy:

Mags, for £20 you can put a video advert on my channel for the camera :biggrin:...that's only 16 pence a subscriber : )

Ha! maybe I should be renting out space on my videos....mmmmm. :sad:

Top Bottom