Magnet Fishing anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
On my ride today I came across 2 guys 'magnet fishing' in the Mersey near Warrington.
When I enquired they happily demonstrated.
A long rope with an extremely powerful disc shaped magnet tied to the end. They throw it in and "fish" for eg old guns, bikes, safes etc. Apparently they go far and wide doing this.
He clamped it to the rail so I could see its power......very difficult to remove.
I have never heard of it before. Has anyone heard of it or maybe tried it ?
NB.....he said if they 'catch' anything really heavy they have to sacrifice the magnet.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Loads do it along the river and canal through Leicester. They leave a right mess behind them, anything not worth having is just dumped on the towpath

There have been a fair few grenades from world war II pulled out by them

MarkF

Guru
Popular on the Leeds - Liverpool canal around me, Bingley to Leeds, the piles of unwanted metal are getting smaller each week, can't be much left now.

otek59

Loads do it along the river and canal through Leicester. They leave a right mess behind them, anything not worth having is just dumped on the towpath

There have been a fair few grenades from world war II pulled out by them
I’ve seen those two on YouTube,

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Got a super magnet on the boat for finding things dropped overboard . Did a bit of fishing for a mates keys once when he fell over board ( after i stopped laughing ) Mainly old nails but i did get the keys .

Top Bottom