Maillard hubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I have front and rear Maillard hubs going spare. Fitted with a Maeda Ind. Suntour Perfect 14-22 5 speed.
I know l will never use them so if anyone is interested l am after 25 euros for the lot plus postage. I don't yet know how much that would be but will find out.

midlife

Guru
Is the freewheel screwed onto the hub?

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I must be thick but l can't figure out what to do with spokes and very cold water.....unless the water is to throw over me when l go ballistic because l can't undo the thing. Actually its not so bad because the wheels are still complete l didn't mention them because l assumed no one would want heavy chromed steel rims etc.:smile:

midlife

Guru
Attach spokes to the hub, place in bucket of water with the freewheel sticking out then freeze solid. Try and undo freewheel,. There is the odd YouTube video :smile:

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Gdansk you for that pun!
Think nothing of it ....after all l'm just "Danzig in the dark"....

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Ok l accepted the challenge and the freewheel is now separate from the hub. I totally forgot that l had the Park tool two lug remover so actually it was a piece of cake. Original offer stands 25 euros for the front an rear Maillard hubs and the (now separate) sun tour freewheel .
I also have a 1970's ITM quill bar stem and some levers couple of pics. more available if anyone wants to see them. Prices negotiable since by my own rules they are only worth what someone will pay for them^_^

Attachments

• 2017-10-20 12.48.05.jpg
    2017-10-20 12.48.05.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 2017-10-20 12.52.42.jpg
    2017-10-20 12.52.42.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I will take a few pics. tomorrow and you can judge for yourself what model they are . I will check what markings they have .
Which model Mallard hubs are they? I don’t actually need them but may be tempted:rolleyes:
Not sure if this will help but the only markings on the hubs are MAILLARD m 40 89 with an M in a circle and made in France on one and on the other
M 40 89 and two interlocking rings in the same style as the olympic symbol. photos may be a help or not !!

Attachments

• 2017-11-14 12.29.22.jpg
    2017-11-14 12.29.22.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 2017-11-14 12.29.59.jpg
    2017-11-14 12.29.59.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 60
Top Bottom