Maillard hubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Ah! the hub is attached to a rim, I assumed they were hubs only, hence the post about removing the freewheel :smile:
True but not for long l am going to dismantle the wheels and probably ditch the chrome steel rims, they would be uneconomical to post.

Not sure if this will help but the only markings on the hubs are MAILLARD m 40 89 with an M in a circle and made in France on one and on the other
M 40 89 and two interlocking rings in the same style as the olympic symbol. photos may be a help or not !!

Many thanks, but I will have to pass I am afraid. I am trying to sort out some works on our new house and finish my “Significant birthday build”, so I am trying to avoid stocking up on nice but not essential stuff such as spare hubs and...err...food:rolleyes:

wonderdog

No worries, at least l have started thinking about clearing some of my clutter out......sort of^_^
Calm down boyo! Had huge amounts of Fiat 500 clutter to keep my beloved's little black cockroach on the road. Threw out a complete transaxle only to have one of the rudimentary CV joints on the car poop itself a few days later. Was lucky enough to know the blokes at the Darwin dump (waste recycling centre tbpc (to be politically correct)) and spent half a day trawling through unmentionable detritus on a recovery mission. I recently threw out a pair of good steel 27" rims that had been laced to some Maillard hubs. Currently building up a pub bike (Reynolds waterpipe it feels like) I find I need a pair of steel rims. Guess one never learns .... pfffft

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Calm down boyo! Had huge amounts of Fiat 500 clutter to keep my beloved's little black cockroach on the road. Threw out a complete transaxle only to have one of the rudimentary CV joints on the car poop itself a few days later. Was lucky enough to know the blokes at the Darwin dump (waste recycling centre tbpc (to be politically correct)) and spent half a day trawling through unmentionable detritus on a recovery mission. I recently threw out a pair of good steel 27" rims that had been laced to some Maillard hubs. Currently building up a pub bike (Reynolds waterpipe it feels like) I find I need a pair of steel rims. Guess one never learns .... pfffft

Might have a pr lying around

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Yep. you are right ! Once you start chucking stuff there is no telling where it might end. :cuppa:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Very true, I threw out half a garage worth of bike stuff when we got a second auto, so Mrs. GA's Fiat Chrysler could be kept inside. Old Mitsubishi is still on the drive, though. I suppose that will make things easier for the day when the wrecker has to come and haul it away. I still have too much stuff around, but I'm giving it to the co-operative so I can have a chance at retrieving it if need be.

wonderdog

Might have a pr lying around
Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I'm sure I can run something to ground closer to home ... many thanks for the offer. BTW just picked up a bike from the kerbside rubbish collection fitted with a lovely pair of Elesa concave 700s laced to Suzue hubs. Now on the prowl for a pair of Normandy Luxe hubs to lace up. The Suzues will be paired with a nice pair of alloy Ukai rims I picked up from another junked bike. Most people here seem to be interested only in the latest Giant or Trek plastic thingie, though we do have a coven of steel frame constructors lurking in the 'burbs.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Most people here seem to be interested only in the latest Giant or Trek plastic thingie, though we do have a coven of steel frame constructors lurking in the 'burbs.

They don't know what they are missing out on if you ask me.

No problems re rims and we need some pictures of your find

Top Bottom