Mainz to regensburg in germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulrw

Has anyone recently toured this area. I'm looking for info on how straightforward and easy/hard it is. Plus what is the accomodation availability. It seems this is the best way for me to connect to the Danube bike trail without going way south and then east.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I would recommend going up the Main as far as Wurzburg and then down the Romantische Strasse to Donauworth and then along the Danube to Regensburg. You can get the Bikeline bike guide for each route locally. If you have the time, take the train from Donauworth to Donaueschingen (one change in Ulm) and then cycle back from Donaueschingen to Regensburg. There is plenty of accommodation on all the routes and the hotels are listed by town in the back of the Bikeline books.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I hope you enjoy it. When are you thinking of doing it?

BTW, you will probably be able to pick up the R Main bikeline book in the newsagents at Mainz station (there's usually a news/bookshop things in the bigger German stations) and if they haven't got it just go to the nearest book shop (Buchhandlung).

OP
OP
P

paulrw

I,m off mid June,from Rotterdam to Venlo to Mainz,Rothenburg,Regensburg,Vienna. Just hoping for some decent weather !

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
For more on the Bikeline books see the Verlag Esterbauer web site (that the publishers by the way). It can be a wee bit confusing at first but it is worth poking around there is a lot of information there...

Top Bottom