Major clearout: 1990s Dawes Horizon 21"/54cm, frames, racks, keen prices! Belper, Derbyshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a Dawes Horizon for sale in a lovely metallic purple. Reynolds 501 model with unicrown fork. This is a great bike and could easily be your only one. Go to work, do an Audax, or pile up with luggage. 700c wheels, cantilever brakes so wheel upgrades are all possible. I bought it for me for the summer but I've got simply got too many bikes now - we're moving to a smaller house, so I'm only keeping the ones I have dialled in and I'm getting an eBike. Needs a service. But then, £60 collected from Belper, Derbyshire.

Also a pair of Minoura Gamoh Porteur racks, front and rear. You need some copper sleeving to make these work with standard M4 pannier bolts and I will include a strip of stainless steel to fit your front fork crown/brake setup. IMO, the fork mounting strip supplied with this rack by Minoura is a deathtrap - mine cracked when I was riding it because of the way it's drilled. You can make a much stronger one for the price of a bit of steel and a few minutes with a drill and vice. £70 collected or £80 for both posted.

Anything else? Yes. A Nexus Dynamo hub laced into a 26"(559) hub. Nutted axle, rim brake. Bought for a project which didn't happen. Perfect for your town bike! I will throw in an LED dynamo light. £30 collected or £45 posted.

A 26" rear wheel in 559 flavour laced into an SRAM Torpedo 3-speed and drum brake hub. Never actually built into a bike but has been in storage for years. Comes with all cables and fittings. £40 collected, £55 posted.

Alpinestars Tange hardtail frameset. Pretty lightweight in Tange DB complete with 1 1/8" threaded headset and front fork. 135mm rear spacing (it was one of the very first frames to have that). £10 collected. There is a tap that broke off when I was retapping the threads for pannier bosses for this - I will have a go at removing it before you collect.

Pair of XT/Araya CV-7 26" wheels from 1992. Used, with a tiny wobble/flatspot on the rear but still good enough to ride and the hubs are still good so you could rebuild them. 7 speed, 130mm hyperglide. £50 collected, £65 posted.

Other things as I get to them. Postage is possible, but it will be extra money and I'd rather you collect.

Last edited:
@chris667 where is collection from ?

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
That Dawes Horizon sounds like an absolute bargain, if fuel prices where not as they are I'd probably bite your hand off.

Good look with the sale

OP
OP
C

chris667

Guru
This is the £60 touring bike. It's OK to ride as is, but wants cables and tyres really.

I doubt you'd get a new bike made to the same standard for less than a grand.

Attachments

• IMG_20221209_115832.jpg
    IMG_20221209_115832.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom