Majorca , Palma airport ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Just booked a cheap flight to Majorca for a 3 day short tour taking my bike . Some one has pointed out that it's a nightmare cycling out of the airport . I intend to take my bike in a ctt bag , set it up and just go from there , anyone else done this ?

irw

Quadricyclist
Aha! Knew I'd read something similar on here before! Linky

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I see a link to previous post has appeared.

Cycling out of Palma airport is a doddle. Within 15 minutes of riding on a quiet road you are cycling along the coastal cycle path towards Palma. Its a lovely path with views of the sea for most of the length into Palma.

Once you get to the main entrance you don't go out the front doors you turn left and pass the toilets and go out of the side door into a very small car park. Its a good place to pack your bike up when you return to the airport.

I will plot a route for you and try to post it.

If I were heading North to Pollenca I would ride into Palma and get the train to Sa Pobla and ride from there. Getting a bike on a train is very easy. Plenty of lifts and the trains are level with the platforms and so you just wheel them on. There are plenty of spaces and the trains are dirt cheap. The train station is at the airport end of Palma and it is easy to get to. But riding in Palma is OK as the cycle path goes right to the end of the harbour. The cathederal in Palma is worth seeing.

Where will you be riding Jerry?

Last edited:

alicat

Legendary Member
For a three day tour, I might look at hiring a bike out there. Otherwise there is a lot of packing and setting up to do and it might not be worth it considering the good hire bikes available.

OP
OP
Jerry Atrik

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
I've booked my bike on easyjet already . Not planned anything yet but basically going clockwise around the island from Palma getting the mountains to the North out of the way first . Fly in on a Monday fly out on a Thurday morning , so basically two and a half days to get round .

Top Bottom