Malcom McLarens dead RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mille

No more Bootzilla Orchestra? :biggrin:

Noodley

He certainly made his mark when he was here.

I'm sure a shock to those close to him given they thought he was doing well.

An inventive person I reckon. I happened to be a wee student at Chelsea in 1975 when the Sex Pistols were moving into the public eye...their initial forays were played at a lot of the London art schools but 'we' were obviously the elite gig B) I can't remember much but I do remember going to 'SEX' with a few from our studio. One of our 'gentle, nice , regular art school group, Coral, fell under the influence of Malcom McLaren and Westwoods clothes and changed overnight - appearing in black chainy stuff with buckle together trousers - the works!

Amazingly influential bloke - but I resisted. :blush:
RIP

bauldbairn

Very sad indeed! :blush:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Fcuk.
Somebody who embodied what was great about Britain... though I'm certain he'd hate me for saying that.
Fcuk, fcuk, fcuk... bad day.
If nothing else he left a great legacy of thought and deed and contribution to popular music and culture. T'is a sad day.
RIP, Great Briton.

PaulB

Legendary Member
andrew-the-tortoise said:
A C**t

But R.I.P.

:blush::sad::thumbsup::tongue:

You've hit the nail on the head there. Isn't it considered 'bad form' to have provided Sid Vicious with the heroin that killed him in order to ride on the subsequent publicity?

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Well even my old mate Johnny Rotten said some nice things about him but then I guess he can afford to magnanimous as he did win his court case against him.

"For me Malc was always entertaining, and I hope you remember that. Above all else he was an entertainer and I will miss him, and so should you"

Top Bottom