Man cycles kids to school using adapted wheelbarrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Simple. There is no legal stance because the cyclist is doing nothing illegal.
An over reaction by a bored officer.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I can't see what the problem is. There are tens of thousands of bakfiets in the Netherlands. I don't expect the Daily Mail to know that though.

Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
well at least the story emphasises the point that cars are the problem not the bikes (although it might have been more accurate at the moment to say that lorries are the problem, as least as far as london deaths are concerned)

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I love the term "rickety". In terms of getting hurt if you get hit by a motor vehicle, all bikes are "rickety". What do you expect....armour plating or something...?????

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
:rolleyes:[QUOTE 2789033, member: 30090"]Personally I think he should fit seat belts - at the very least.[/quote]
The poor kids are probably wearing earphones too..Oh Dear....:rolleyes:

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I did another thread as didn't see this assuming it is the same incident and all I have to say it this

Here is a link to the article on ParentDish

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2013/11...hildren-to-school-in-wheelbarrow-bike-london/

The "Wheelbarrow Contraption/Bike" references irked me considerably in this article as if it is some sort of the "Good Life" homemade type invention rather than a very expensive (to me) Bakfiets!

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Media using 'WHEELBARROW' in all caps :sad:

Also I noticed the children have safety belts on :smile:

Well I pulled my children and a friends child about all over Manchester up to 2011 for years

Id only use the road if it was quiet or safe in my opinion, trailer was home made with what was in effect a large bucket or crate for them to sit in with no safety belts though they had helmets

I wont post this on the CTC forum as I'll be hunted down, hung drawn and quareted :smile:

XRHYSX

A Big Bad Lorry Driver
When i read adapted wheelbarrow
i was thinking some type of home concraption, not a proper Dutch cargobike, jez you want to see what some of the bikes the kids at our school ride... Half don't have brakes one hasn't got a seat,
:rolleyes:

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
While I am at it I used to take my little sister to school in the box of my Pashley box-trike (it did have a seat fitted) and on the back of my tandems. She is still about to complain about the embarrassment it caused her.

Top Bottom