"Man on, man on"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveyM

Über Member
ahhh the beautiful game....:wacko:

RedRider

Pulling through
It's usually a warning from a team mate that an opposition player's steaming up on the blindside.
I suppose one might shout it at an opposition player who isn't under pressure to panic them into giving the ball away but that would be unsporting.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I too understand the game and I'll even watch a game on TV sometimes, but the way the sport comes across at the top level, it seems to be populated by pansies. :wacko:

Still, half the crowd seems to be drunk, maybe if I get completely ratted whilst watching it'll be better?

Billy Wizz

Über Member
Tourette Syndrome is also common amongst footballers,from what ive wittnessed,imo..

MarkF

Guru
[QUOTE 2988069, member: 76"]So why would the player with the ball look up, shout 'Man on' and then carry on with the ball? I wonder if he even knew what the hell it means, I reckon half of the players on the field just shout it because everyone else does :laugh:[/QUOTE]

He's shouting it because whoever wants the ball, and they display "want" by shouting or "showing", is marked or is about to be rapidly closed down. It's an explanation.......... stops team mates getting irritated with each other, it's good to talk on the footie pitch........

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I used to play 5 a side footy, and the utter b*ll&cks my fellow players said while/after playing made me despair for the human race. "Man on" was clear (there's a bloke who might tackle you, and I'm shouting this so that it looks like I know what I'm doing), but "don't commit" was the worst... it's possibly the reason why England haven't won anything decent since 1966, and also why modern women despair of blokes who haven't got a clue how to engage in a meaningful relationship. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom