Man On Wire - Twin Towers Wire-Walk Film

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Anyone see this film last night?

I recall seeing it years ago but had forgotten what a great story it is - full of interesting characters, really well told and shot too.

Mad as a box of frogs!! :laugh:

man-on-wire-wtc-shot.jpg

i've taped it to watch sometime cos it did look interesting.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
threebikesmcginty said:
Anyone see this film last night?

I recall seeing it years ago but had forgotten what a great story it is - full of interesting characters, really well told and shot too.

Mad as a box of frogs!! :laugh:

man-on-wire-wtc-shot.jpg
They weren't all. There was an Aussie and a couple of yanks involved too.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yes I saw it, thought it was captivating.

When was it made? It's all the more poignant now, of course. There was a shot of the WTC construction site, with one of those big lattice panels being lifted into place, and the angle of it was uncannily like those pics of the immediate 9/11 aftermath...

Great film though - mad, but brilliant people. I suppose once you are a wire walker, and you've done walks over a certain potentially fatal height, there's not so much difference, just more time to think on the way down if you do fall.... But then, when they talked about the two buildings swaying in the wind....:laugh:

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I saw it too. I was impressed by skill, courage, determination and cunning. He seemed to have some pretty good friends too, who he seemed to have let down after he hit the headlines, especially his lovely girlfriend.

Bigtwin

Very interesting I thought.

Clearly as barking as a badger in all respects. Probably all of their tits on dope most of the time, having a lot to so with it.

I like the bit when he said if he fell off he could have died. Possibly I thought.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Get in cheers

Pottsy

Yellow Fang said:
I saw it too. I was impressed by skill, courage, determination and cunning. He seemed to have some pretty good friends too, who he seemed to have let down after he hit the headlines, especially his lovely girlfriend.

That's what I thought too. :laugh:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Bigtwin said:
Clearly as barking as a badger in all respects. Probably all of their tits on dope most of the time, having a lot to so with it.
I very much doubt it....remember how hacked off they were at that American guy who did turn up spliffed? Nope...I think they (mostly) took the whole thing Very Seriously.

Proto

Legendary Member
Watched it at our mini cinema on big screen a few months back, and if my memory serves me correctly the BBC might have edited a few bits out, but nonetheless a fantastic film. An incredibly engaging and charismatic bloke, comlpete nutter, just what the world needs to brighten up our lives.

Made it more interesting as having been up the south tower (in Sept 2001 :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:), you can appreciate the hugeness of the underatking (and the hugeness of the incredible buildings)

I wished they'd explored the the relationship between PP and Jean Louis in a bit more depth, obviously something had gone on.

BTW I think the film was made a couple of years ago. British too.

User269

C'est la guerre!

45 minutes, crossing 8 times between the towers before he came back when the police threatened they would send a chopper to scoop him up! Like that would have worked.

Very well made film.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Certainly a feat that won't be repeated. But I agree - as mad as a badger salad.
And yes, I know once you're more than about 30 feet up it doesn't matter, but it looked absolutely terrifying.

Top Bottom