managed to put my chain back on!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahpink

Well this may seem like a silly post as guess lots of you peeps have no problem with this. But I have never been able to put my chain back on when it would come of. Had to call someone or play damsal in distress lol. But today I sucessfully put it back on. Took me a while but did it in the end. Next mission is dealing with a puncture lol

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
That's another you can now scratch off the "How to" list Sarah  :thumbsup: ... Punctures are easy, just continue with the "damsal in distress" and save your hands gettting dirty  :laugh:

Next on your list is a full bike break down and service ... I'll book mine in in a few weeks time to you  :unsure:

Norm

- Baz -

Tsk. That's nothin'. I managed to thread a needle AND sew a button on a shirt yesterday. PLUS, I actually ironed it afterwards. Took me a while but managed it in the end
cool.gif

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
maybe you should find out why it keeps on coming off

this is a very good point.

bikes are very simple things to work on and everyone should take the time to learn the basics. there are loads of good books that tell you all you need to know and if you don't want to spend your hard earned then get down to your local library.

good progress :thumbsup: but the best time to learn how to fix a puncture is NOT when your 20 miles from home in the pouring rain, so go try it now B)

jimboalee

http://cycle.shimano-eu.com/

Here is all you need.

Hover pointer over 'Products', hover pointer over what you're interested in and then click on the groupset.

On the RHS, select the component and click on the model No. underscored.

At the top right will be a list of the Tech' Docs'.

If you have Sram or Campag' go to their websites.

In fact, you should have got a package of the Tech Docs for your groupo when you bought the bike.

buddha

Veteran
Tsk. That's nothin'. I managed to thread a needle AND sew a button on a shirt yesterday. PLUS, I actually ironed it afterwards. Took me a while but managed it in the end
cool.gif
Ha, I managed to thread a sewing machine and turn a pair of Ronhill Bikesters into (over) shorts
smile.gif
Took me half a day though and I had to follow a vid on youtube showing how to thread the machine. Also had to search a few 'sewing' forums
icon_redface.gif

- Baz -

Ha, I managed to thread a sewing machine and turn a pair of Ronhill Bikesters into (over) shorts
smile.gif
Took me half a day though and I had to follow a vid on youtube showing how to thread the machine. Also had to search a few 'sewing' forums
icon_redface.gif
A likely story. Bet you were running yourself up a nice little black cocktail dress...
aw.gif

normgow

Guru
When the chain has derailed, I suppose you mean come off the chainring , lift the rear wheel off the ground and spin the rear wheel forward. Whilst it's still spinning turn the cranks forward with front changer selected to large or small chainring, the opposite to the side the chain has derailed. With a bit of luck the chain should right itself without getting dirty fingers but as has been suggested here check out why you are having trouble it's probably just a matter of tweaking the adjustment screws on the front changer.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
smile.gif
icon_redface.gif
that's nothing the other day I made a camouflage Kilt :tongue:

Attachments

• CAMO FRONT.JPG
    CAMO FRONT.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
sarahpink

sarahpink

well i have no idea how it did come, of was the first time it did. happened when i was chnaging gear, think probably was changing to a low down gear too soon or vice versa, thanks for the link jim:smile: determined to know how my machine works
biggrin.gif

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
sounds like one of your limit screws needs adjusting. the gear mechs have enough travel to push the chain off the cogs and it's just the limit screws that stop this. you have a top and bottom screw on each mech.

last year mine was out of adjustment and the rear mech moved over far enough to go through the spokes in the rear wheel. it can happen and the damage is not nice.

the best you can hope for is knackered paint so I'd get it sorted.

this may help... click

postman

Legendary Member
Your name is not Sarah you are called Andy and i saw your chain prob on Eurosport today .And you have a nasty little temper shooing away your media buddies .I can iron and answer the phone at the same time .But not at the moment i have a very large bandage over my right ear .

Top Bottom