Manchester 100 Event Report

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emma_avfc

fossyant said:
He mentioned that a Corsa had driven at him at speed, on his side of the road (coming in the opposite direction), with a foam batton - the lad had managed to swerve, but the idiots smacked the lad following on his arm. Fortunately he had the sence to report it to the next marshal, and it was reported to the Police (although not able to get the registration). At the finish, it turned out that the car was stolen, and the lad that was hit was OK, but his arm was swolen.

It was actually my husband who was assaulted by the junkie looking skinheads in the stolen corsa. It doesn't appear that they have broken any bones in his arm, but he has a whacking bruise down the whole of his arm and is bandaged and in a sling. It is just fortunate that his instinct was to sit up on his bike as they went for his face with a solid plastic baseball bat - not a foam bat!

This may be a long shot but if anyone on here saw the people in this car driving like lunatics, or actually saw what happened please could you send me a message or contact Cheshire Police. I believe a press release will be going out calling for witnesses as we will be pressing ahead with assault charges if they are ever caught. The police did have a full reg for the car from someone, but failed to find them.

It is a sick story and they have totally shattered my husband's confidence, as well as probably ruling him out of the Isle of Man end to end race this weekend which we had both looked forward to for a long time. God help the little barstewards if I ever get my hands on them.

Thanks in advance.

Emma

nom de plum

emma_avfc said:
It was actually my husband who was assaulted by the junkie looking skinheads in the stolen corsa. It doesn't appear that they have broken any bones in his arm, but he has a whacking bruise down the whole of his arm and is bandaged and in a sling. It is just fortunate that his instinct was to sit up on his bike as they went for his face with a solid plastic baseball bat - not a foam bat!

This may be a long shot but if anyone on here saw the people in this car driving like lunatics, or actually saw what happened please could you send me a message or contact Cheshire Police. I believe a press release will be going out calling for witnesses as we will be pressing ahead with assault charges if they are ever caught. The police did have a full reg for the car from someone, but failed to find them.

It is a sick story and they have totally shattered my husband's confidence, as well as probably ruling him out of the Isle of Man end to end race this weekend which we had both looked forward to for a long time. God help the little barstewards if I ever get my hands on them.

Thanks in advance.

Emma

Emma
good luck getting some evidence... you called him a barstewards, i'd call him a bastard (sorry)
also you could post here http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12582468

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Emma - Call Manchester's Edinburgh Bike co-op - It was one of the Managers that was also swiped at - he was just infront of your husband - he stopped a marshall. I've forgot his name, but he was riding a BMC Carbon bike with Record, and he was the fella I towed all the way home - mid/late 30's with short hair. Just ask at the shop and they will know him.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I think the Manager there is called Paul (IIRC) - he introduced himself to me on his first day working there... I was merely waiting to book my bike in for its 6 week service and I think he thought I worked there. :biggrin:

emma_avfc

fossyant said:
Contacted EBC and got an email from Paul - he's gonna give the Police a call !

Many thanks for all your messages and help.

The racing bike got a polish last night so I am guessing that he is not put off bikes for life anyway! He keeps hinting at a cheeky ride anyway, although not so sure a sling goes too well with a racing bike! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom