1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manchester 100

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by longers, 27 Aug 2007.

1. longers

longers Veteran

2. bigbaz

bigbaz New Member

I'm going to turn up & enter on the day unless it's really peeing down....I'm sick of riding in the rain this year & 100+ miles in bad weather doesn't appeal.

3. nom de plum

nom de plum New Member

Hi Longers/BigBaz
    I'm there tomorrow as well

BB I'll keep an eye out for you
    Longers...what are you riding?

4. bigbaz

bigbaz New Member

Hi Steve,I'm going with a bunch of mates,probably 8ish.If you see us ,please join us.

5. on the road

on the road Über Member

I'll be there. I've pre entered and have a 7.20 start.

6. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

:ohmy:!I'm going to work instead of riding:angry:

7. OP
    OP
    longers

longers Veteran

Have a nice ride yourselves though! :ohmy:

8. nom de plum

nom de plum New Member

I did 5:19 which I'm pleased with considering my brother bottled out an went round the 100 k course. Most of the rest of the ride was solo or very short lived group riding. It started drizzling just after I finished. The numbers seemed to be down a lot this year. I live on the route and there were still plenty of riders out at 5.00 pm

I did see an accident in Wilmslow at 12:50 pm...I wonder if anyone has any news about this

9. on the road

on the road Über Member

I did it in 5:36:45

A new PB for me.

10. nom de plum

nom de plum New Member

BigBaz
    Did u do the M100? if so how did your ride go?

11. bigbaz

bigbaz New Member

Hi Steve,yes did it in 5.36....slowest time ever.Age is telling on me I think.Started quite late,one of the guys I was doing it with got lost getting to the start,so ended up in the rain for the last 2 hours or so.Numbers did seem down on previous years,and the pace seemed very slow..couldn't find any groups riding at a reasonable speed to ride with.