[Manchester] Are Finglands Buses REALLY bad lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

purplepolly

AllThatJazz! said:
However, whenever I've been a passenger on a bus - I find that all drivers literally stamp on the brakes - and I find myself grabbing the rails to keep seated as a result.

I've got a flight case for my guitar. It's not for flying but for when I have to take it on the bus.

Just to redress the balance, some of the Fingland drivers can overtake properly.

We live on the 41 bus route operated by Finglands and Stagecoach. When out with the trailer, I've had some brilliant top notch overtakes from the Finglands drivers.

That said, I've seen standards on a par with what has been described in this thread.

AllThatJazz!

Most come too close for my comfort though. I nearly got squished when riding to work last week. (work in Bolton - husband works in Manchester.)

I do all the things a recent Bikability Level 3 recently taught me. (I teach - our school includes "cycling" within PE curriculum as a "switch over session" with cricket/tennis/swimming/volleyball. I always do the course with the kids as I think it encourages them!)

But all the same - too many drivers fail to give cyclists space. I find large vehicle drivers are far worse than car drivers.. and bus drivers are just plain awful around here.

Sorry if I am ranting off on one here.

Top Bottom