Manchester commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
a few times in the past but not since I started commuting on single speeds. Had a ride over there at the weekend and wished I hadn't bothered - too many middle-aged and fat fools thinking they are on the Isle of Man. Must remember to avoid it on sunny Sundays.

Absolutely spot on ! Couldnt agree more

potsy

Rambler
the canal between Stretford and Timperley doesn't show much evidence of scroates hanging around.
Not since @400bhp started commuting a different way :whistle:

McrJ64

That's good to hear, I'd be home by 6 and the canal between Stretford and Timperley doesn't show much evidence of scroates hanging around.
I agree. It's still much more pleasant in the dark than on Chester Rd and the surface is better too. Slow down a bit and make sure your lights are able to pick up walkers/runners dressed in black. As previous member said, if you go for those megawatt front lights, please dip for oncoming riders.

400bhp

Guru
I agree. It's still much more pleasant in the dark than on Chester Rd and the surface is better too. Slow down a bit and make sure your lights are able to pick up walkers/runners dressed in black. As previous member said, if you go for those megawatt front lights, please dip for oncoming riders.

There was a few bellends along there that had helmet lights which (IMO) are really not needed (running on a helmet) unless you're doing serious off road. Because of the height they really dazzle.:cursing:

clf

My front is a catseye volt300, pointed downward lighting up a few meters in front of the bike, shouldn't cause any issues should it? Certainly don't go fast enough to need half a mile of daylight in front of me.

potsy

Rambler
My front is a catseye volt300, pointed downward lighting up a few meters in front of the bike, shouldn't cause any issues should it? Certainly don't go fast enough to need half a mile of daylight in front of me.
That'll be fine, it's only people like fossy with his 1,000,000 Chinese lumens you need worry about :thumbsup:

Top Bottom