Manchester commuters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
As for Routes

I start in Hyde, Finish in either Gorton or Town.

Get there via, Ashton, Cheadle, The Airport, Oldham, Mossley, The Canal, It just depends on how I feel.

Outward between 630am and 8am, Homeward 3.30pm to 6pm

As for the Bike....LOL....Lets not go there :smile:

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
OK, go on then. :sad:

Astley Bridge
- Bolton - Farnworth - Kearsley - A666 - Pendlebury - Bolton Rd - A6 - Salford

About 7.30am
Any time between 3.30pm and 9.00pm

Dawes Discovery 601 with black panniers.

Ibbots

Horwich, Bolton, Farnworth, Kearsley A666, Salford, Manchester CC (in Summer - Horwich, Lostock, A6 Swindon, Salford, Manchester)

7:30am and 5:30pm (occasional 4:30) departures

Red On-One Inbred SS in crappy weather, Silver Kinesis KiC2 SS or White/Red Pinarello FP5 when it's not crappy

Bayerd

Über Member
Lucky barstewards the lot of you. Unfortunately I need the car for client visits so can't commute by bike. I've probably passed a few of you over the last 3 years though.....

400bhp

Guru
Horwich, Bolton, Farnworth, Kearsley A666, Salford, Manchester CC (in Summer - Horwich, Lostock, A6 Swindon, Salford, Manchester)

7:30am and 5:30pm (occasional 4:30) departures

Red On-One Inbred SS in crappy weather, Silver Kinesis KiC2 SS or White/Red Pinarello FP5 when it's not crappy

That's quite a distance.

Ever "commute" over Sheep House Lane? :whistle:

Gatley lass

Über Member
I cycle Gatley - Nothenden - Withington down Palatine Road.
Green ladies bike ( not fancy enough to tell you details ).

Ibbots

Ever "commute" over Sheep House Lane? :whistle:

a few times in the past but not since I started commuting on single speeds. Had a ride over there at the weekend and wished I hadn't bothered - too many middle-aged and fat fools thinking they are on the Isle of Man. Must remember to avoid it on sunny Sundays.

biking_fox

Guru
+1: A6 can be hairy at times

In rush hour I find it fine. All (well nearly all) the cars aren't moving in the same direction. Some nice wide bus lanes to shoot along. You do have to pay attention for people turning across, but it isn't too bad at all. Levenshulme's very slow, but I'm in no rush.

OP
OP
straas

straas

Matt
Quite encouraging that the council have been filling holes I've posted on fillthathole.org

MUCH less encouraging that the fixes seem to be lasting a couple of weeks.

McrJ64

Timperley to Central Manchester 7:15am (ish) and back 4:30 (ish)
I have used the canal between Brooklands and Talbot Road since a collision on Chester Rd - seems like there's a lot of us.
Good commute usually but met a nutter yesterday on way home at Dane Road. He was on one side of the towpath, his dog on the other side, a lead in between, and wouldn't budge until I stopped. Shouting match ensued, started by him even though I'd already slowed down and then stopped for him!! Be careful. He was mid 40s, green jacket, loud voice, high blood pressure, black dog,.

KneesUp

Guru
Quite encouraging that the council have been filling holes I've posted on fillthathole.org

MUCH less encouraging that the fixes seem to be lasting a couple of weeks.
You can replace 'encouraging' with 'surprising' and it still makes sense.

Top Bottom