Manchester Litter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
We have just spent an enjoyable weekend in Manchester, but its a pity that the standout memory will be the amount of litter everywhere, I know its just not Manchester with the problem but it was bad.
We had to change trains in Leeds on the way home and because it was Sunday the service home is restricted so we had a hour wait, so I went into Leeds city center it was pristine compared.
Have I just caught Manchester on a bad day ? or is it like this all the time.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
It's been like this since the sodding tories got back in.

vickster

Legendary Member
I blame the governments that dont fund the councils enough to empty the bins.
Can't they take their rubbish home with them if the bins are full? Seemingly not

Maybe you could campaign for an increase in council tax to better cover the costs of litter collection? Manchester has a Labour mayor it seems

Although I'm sure some folks would still be quite happy to ignore the presence of empty bins. I don't recall a specific lack of or overflowing bins in Manchester, at least in the city centre

Anyhow...

Last edited:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Can't they take their rubbish home with them if the bins are full? Seemingly not

Maybe you could campaign for an increase in council tax to better cover the costs of litter collection? Manchester has a Labour mayor it seems

Although I'm sure some folks would still be quite happy to ignore the presence of empty bins. I don't recall a specific lack of or overflowing bins in Manchester, at least in the city centre

Anyhow...
Nope.

Still blame the tories.

I blame to boogie.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Most of the litter I see in the centre, is from commercial premises (usually food outlet). I don’t know what scheme is used for litter collection, but it ain’t working. Black bin bags all over the show with the contents spilling out on to the street.
The Northern quarter is particularly bad.

Top Bottom