Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Only allow @I like Skol on the ride if he brings his homemade flapjack:hungry:

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I fancy this but living in Macclesfield would probably meet you en route. Do you have a route planned yet?

I have something tentative that I will firm up nearer the date. I may need some input from Manc locals as to the nicest route out of town. Anyone PM me if they can help with the first 10 miles or so. I'm ok after that. When I have that first bit sorted 'll do the rest.

To give you an idea, it'll be Manc - Carrington - Dunham Massey - "sort of S of Runcorn N of Northwich" - skirt N round Chester then out via Connah's Quay until nearly to Prestatyn. Then it's NCN all the way to Llandudno after that.

Might be easier for you to train it Macc - Manc?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
There are hundreds of CCers who live close enough to do the ride so what's putting folk off? I would rather modify the ride and get a decent number than cancel it.

Too long?
Too far in the future to think about?
Too faffy getting the train home?
Bad starting place?
Something else?

Interested enough to be watching the thread... It's a long way off, and it's a long way back to Swansea from the finish, so I'd have some thinking to do about the post-ride piss-up logistics...

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Oh bugger............Mrs nickyboy has kindly reminded me that we will be somewhere even warmer than N Wales on April 18

So I need to give a new date. It can't be a week earlier as I will be away. So its either a week earlier - April 4 - but that's Easter Saturday so I guess a lot of non-availability then. Or its April 25

Sorry @clid61

Quick feedback on April 4 or 25 appreciated. Sorry for cock up

400bhp

Guru
Avoid ca
I have something tentative that I will firm up nearer the date. I may need some input from Manc locals as to the nicest route out of town. Anyone PM me if they can help with the first 10 miles or so. I'm ok after that. When I have that first bit sorted 'll do the rest.

To give you an idea, it'll be Manc - Carrington - Dunham Massey - "sort of S of Runcorn N of Northwich" - skirt N round Chester then out via Connah's Quay until nearly to Prestatyn. Then it's NCN all the way to Llandudno after that.

Might be easier for you to train it Macc - Manc?

I live near dunham. Avoid carrington. Its shat. Canal joining at stretford would be fine, then come off in timperley. I can draw you a route if you like.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If ive got myself sorted by then I will come along all being well. We have a caravan just off the NCN5 in Gronnant. Train back to Prestatyn only takes 30 mins.

robjh

Legendary Member
Interested enough to be watching the thread... It's a long way off, and it's a long way back to Swansea from the finish, so I'd have some thinking to do about the post-ride piss-up logistics...

^
What she said. Same here (except I have no desire to return to Swansea). I've missed my yearly dose of Welsh rides this year so a ride next April sounds good.
On the logistics front, I noticed there is this place so the prospect of staying overnight and doing some more riding the next day opens up.

Anyway, i'll be watching the thread but can't say fairer than that for the moment.

Top Bottom