Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
63 at the mo.
58....you have to deduct those I've scored through as drop-outs

More will drop out, that always happens. And when we get close if the weather forecast looks a bit rubbish all sorts of excuses will come out of the woodwork. Having said that, looks like we'll have a good number. Should be good to meet a lot of new people that I only know from their online personas.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
63 at the mo.

That'll be a very impressive turnout !

I suspect, that in the final sprint :bicycle: along the promenade, I'll get dropped by the faster {& greedier :hungry: } feckers such as @rich p, @theclaud ^_^ . . . . . . . as has happened on all the previous CC rides that I've done. Usually, I get 'dropped' somewhere around the half way mark. ^_^

. . . . . . . in which case, I'll head for the nearest pub; if there's no food available, it'll be half a dozen packs of dry roasted peanuts or an oggie from the local Spa.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Pubby is the only cyclist I've ridden with who fills his bidon with Guinness. Quality!

On that ^^^ ride, after about 50 miles, I got fed-up with overly-sweet energy drinks and I genuinely found that the Guinness made a refreshing change. Plus there was the fact, that as I was the last to arrive at the pub, I had much less drinking time. I only managed half a pint, before you lot wanted to leave - I had to put the remaining pint & a half, into my drinks bottles, and very effective it was, too !

I didn't cycle any faster, but it didn't hurt as much. ^_^

I'll probably bring some cans on this next trip, If you like, when you get to Marbury Country Park, I'll share them with you and LD ?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
On that ^^^ ride, after about 50 miles, I got fed-up with overly-sweet energy drinks and I genuinely found that the Guinness made a refreshing change. Plus there was the fact, that as I was the last to arrive at the pub, I had much less drinking time. I only managed half a pint, before you lot wanted to leave - I had to put the remaining pint & a half, into my drinks bottles, and very effective it was, too !

I didn't cycle any faster, but it didn't hurt as much. ^_^

I'll probably bring some cans on this next trip, If you like, when you get to Marbury Country Park, I'll share them with you and LD ?

If you don't mind getting left behind a bit there are plenty of very convivial pubs en route. Perhaps with the exception of Flint; when I cycled through there at about midday there was some chap collapsed on the pavement clutching a vodka bottle. Yes, perhaps steer clear of pubs in Flint

pubrunner

Legendary Member
If you don't mind getting left behind a bit . . . . . . .

I have a choice ? ^_^

Yes, perhaps steer clear of pubs in Flint

I certainly know Flint, I did a 10 mile race there, about 15 years ago; it was a very hilly course - we ran from the Leisure Centre, virtually all the way up to the A55 - unusually, I actually won something as a member of the winning team. I'm sure Flint has many commendable features, but I'm not aware of any that I can share.

subaqua

What’s the point
If you don't mind getting left behind a bit there are plenty of very convivial pubs en route. Perhaps with the exception of Flint; when I cycled through there at about midday there was some chap collapsed on the pavement clutching a vodka bottle. Yes, perhaps steer clear of pubs in Flint
flint is known known as " little Russia" by the locals so my Brotehr who lives up the hill a bit told me. he is married to a Russian woman who was rather dismayed to see Russians doing what they do best ( her words not mine)

TBF Flint always was a scary place to go drinking and dancing.

Slartibartfast

Über Member
I'm in if you'll have me.

I'll be riding from Wrenbury, near Nantwich if anybody is going from South Cheshire area and wants to ride to Marbury or the Eureka Cafe.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm in if you'll have me.

I'll be riding from Wrenbury, near Nantwich if anybody is going from South Cheshire area and wants to ride to Marbury or the Eureka Cafe.

You're now on the list on post#1. I'll be sending out ride details including approximate meet up times at Marbury CP and Eureka Café nearer the ride date. I reckon if you make it Marbury it should be just about a Century ride, like those departing from Manchester

Slartibartfast

Über Member
You're now on the list on post#1. I'll be sending out ride details including approximate meet up times at Marbury CP and Eureka Café nearer the ride date. I reckon if you make it Marbury it should be just about a Century ride, like those departing from Manchester

Ta very much.

Top Bottom