Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Yes, perhaps steer clear of pubs in Flint

it might be better to steer clear of Flint entirely.
Last time I was there I got knocked off and it ended my RRTY to say nothing of the cuts and bruises and damage to the bike.

Can you post up another link to the route please nickyboy ?
The one I found be reading part of the thread didn't work.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Last time I was there I got knocked off and it ended my RRTY to say nothing of the cuts and bruises and damage to the bike.

Here's the link

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6878088

Closer to the ride date I'll issue the final final route file along with all the notes. This will do for now. You can see I've started to put Points of Interest on the ride. These cover meet ups, cafes, cautions etc etc

No way to avoid Flint really, sea on one side, mountains on the other.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Looking forward to seeing the full itinerary so I know what time to meet you in Prestatyn and where.

There won't be an "official" meet up at Prestatyn as we'll have had one at Eureka Café and then there's another at Bike Hub Rhyl. No problem though, we can separately work out an approximate time for somewhere convenient for you in Prestatyn. You'll then just have to decide which little group to tag a long with as I won't be rounding everyone back up again until Rhyl where we have a cuppa stop.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Flint sounds like an unlovely place.

There's safety in numbers, so it might be an idea to have a mini-regroup just outside and cycle non-stop through the badlands in batches.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Flint sounds like an unlovely place.

There's safety in numbers, so it might be an idea to have a mini-regroup just outside and cycle non-stop through the badlands in batches.

Nope. I'm going to use the "cows crossing the Amazon full of piranhas" strategy.

During the ride before Flint I will seek to identify the weakest and slowest rider. I will then send that person in advance of the main bunch through Flint. The local scrotes will have their sport with the weakling, leaving all the fit and strong riders to pass through unperturbed.

toeknee

Über Member
Better get my old bike out then........^_^

david k

Hi
Learnt today that I have to be back for my sister in laws 40th so looking at alternatives to get in 100 miles.

From St helens to Manchester is around 25 miles
Manchester to eureka is 50 miles
Eureka to St helens around 25 miles via ferry

Means joining the group for the first half of the ride. I've asked my fiends what they think of it, it means leaving around 7am and hopefully back around 5pm as we will have to wait for the ferry, sounds like an adventure though

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Nope. I'm going to use the "cows crossing the Amazon full of piranhas" strategy.

During the ride before Flint I will seek to identify the weakest and slowest rider. I will then send that person in advance of the main bunch through Flint. The local scrotes will have their sport with the weakling, leaving all the fit and strong riders to pass through unperturbed.

You're a hard man, Nick.

But I guess such is the responsibility of leadership.

pubrunner

Legendary Member

I've just given this posting ^^^ a 'like' . . . dunno why, weakest and slowest rider will be me ^_^.

I'm sure that the entire experience, will be highly character-building :whistle:

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !

That's a great idea nickyboy.
Unless you identify me as the weakest rider in which case it's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

I was joking about missing Flint; I realise that there's no easy alternative and it couldn't happen again.
Could it ?:stop:

Top Bottom