Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by nickyboy, 25 Jan 2018.

1. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

So who's up for an all day 100 mile ride to the seaside?

Now into it's 4th year.....

Offering a fast escape from Manchester, pleasant Cheshire country lanes, rickety bridges over the River Dee, seafront perambulations, top drawer elevenses, lunch and fish and chips for w'tea. Overnighter with modest beer consumption available too

I will post up all the usual route and ride notes info when I've got a minute. I can't think of a good reason to change last year's route; offering the flat 99.7 miles (you need to ride around a car park or two to get the century) or about 103 for the hilly

Steady pace, we all stick together for the first 30-40 miles. Then slowly we disintegrate into small groups and ride at whatever pace suits with whatever stops suits all the way to Llandudno

No problem if folk want to only do part of the ride. There will be the usual official stops at Weaverham, Eureka, Rhyl Bike Hub, so welcome to start/finish at those as you see fit

"Expressions of Interest" only at this stage. Firm up numbers much closer to the ride date.

No insurance required. Wear whatever clothing, headgear you like. All I stipulate is a decent bike and a means to navigate

Route and timings
    Leave Manchester Piccadilly railway station at 0800. I'll post the proper route files but it meanders through Cheshire with a stop at about 1030 in Weaverham for coffee, bacon butties etc. Onto the Wirral to the famous Eureka cyclists café for a hearty lunch. After that its West to Llandudno with a flatter or hiller option on the stretch from Flint to Prestatyn. After that, we literally hug the coast all the way to Llandudno. Arrival time is weather dependent but has been around 1800-1830 for most participants in prior years. Excellent fish and chips at the finish point

Link to Flatter Route
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18498304

Link to Hillier Route
    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/18472318

Expressions of Interest
    @ColinJ
    @Buck
    @StuAff
    @gavroche
    @mythste
    @rich p
    @Kestevan +1
    @si_c
    @Crackle +2
    @theclaud
    @wanda2010
    @Freds Dad
    @alibaba
    @McWobble
    @mike3121
    @DiddlyDodds
    @Andrew Br
    @Leaway2 +2
    @Cupotea +?
    @Littgull

Last edited: 6 Apr 2018
  2. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this......

Bugger! You knew, didn't you!

http://www.born-survivor.com/events/BS10-manchester-may-12th-2018.php

:cry:

3. ColinJ

ColinJ Hillfinder General

I feel tempted to come along on my singlespeed bike again but try to get thin and fit enough to get up (most of) the climbs this time! I'll pencil the date in and think about it.

nickyboy likes this.
  4. Buck

Buck Veteran

Date noted Nicky!

Enjoyed last year especially the post-ride rehydration ;)

I can’t confirm at the minute as my diary is a bit mental up until the end of June with work and lots of family things already booked in ! If I can, I’ll be there.

nickyboy likes this.
  5. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

This one has been on the Ride I Want To Do Because I Haven't Done It Yet list ever since it came along. And you happen to have picked the Saturday following a week's leave. Which means getting up there for an early Saturday morning start is doable…
    Colour me interested. Attendance subject to finding reasonably priced tickets, reasonably priced digs for two nights, and FNRttC calendar…into which I want to fit a couple of rides of my own.

nickyboy likes this.
  6. gavroche

gavroche Getting old but not past it

I was wondering when you would advertise it Nickyboy. As usual, I intend to join you in Rhyl and look forward to sausage and chips in Llandudno. I might bring along my stepson too. Looking forward to seeing old and new faces.

nickyboy likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

By the way, I'm organising everything except the weather

That is being delegated to @Crackle this year as he always seems so knowledgeable on this topic

8. mythste

mythste Über Member

in. probably.

nickyboy likes this.
  9. GM

GM Guru

This is one I'd love to be doing, unfortunately I'm going away on the 11th. Hopefully next year!

10. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this......

Glad I'm not going then. Not only will the weather be challenging but it will be miserable too now! :tongue:

11. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

You've picked a good week for me Nick. :okay:

nickyboy and theclaud like this.
  12. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Oh bugger Skolly. I was going to book a double room too...

theclaud and I like Skol like this.
  13. Kestevan

Kestevan Last of the Summer Winos

Sign me up again.

There's even a rumour that @Mrs Kes will deign to join us this year.... I

wanda2010, nickyboy and Buck like this.
  14. si_c

si_c Über Member

Put me down as a maybe, Mrs C has me booked in for something that weekend, but I was already trying to get out of it.

15. Crackle

Crackle Pah

I'm in. From Manchester, possibly with Mrs C who wants to do the first part of the ride, plus another friend. Whether she does or doesn't do it, it seems she's going to buy herself a new bike on the strength of aiming to do it. I'll be in Evans tomorrow!

McWobble, Kestevan, nickyboy and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice