Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by nickyboy, 25 Jan 2018.

1. Littgull

Littgull Veteran

Unfortunately, we are away that weekend in May. It's a good ride and route and I was hoping to participate for the 3rd consecutive year.
    Looking forward to riding with old friends and new on @nickyboy's Leeds to Scarborough annual ride in September

NorthernDave and ColinJ like this.
  2. ColinJ

ColinJ Hillfinder General

I was just about to tag you to draw your attention to the thread. Oh well, never mind - enjoy your break!

I'll tag @alibaba, who enjoyed riding it with you last year and may fancy it again?

Littgull likes this.
  3. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this......

I'll give him some proper guidance on the date for that one so he gets it right!!!

(8th Sept, put it in your diaries now :whistle:)

NorthernDave, theclaud and Littgull like this.
  4. alibaba

alibaba Well-Known Member

I am 10000%doing it looking forward to the pain :smile::smile:

5. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this......

Oh cheers! Another mate of mine going out to play while I........ play in some mud and obstacles. I am half tempted to book a room and drive over to enjoy the post ride refreshments :cheers:

Buck likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

Sorry to those who can't make that date. It's always a nightmare choosing a date as there's always someone who it affects. I've tried to steer clear of April in the hope of more benign weather but not so late in May as it tends to clash with all sorts of cycling and non-cycling things for folks. Hopefully we get a good turnout again

7. McWobble

McWobble Euthermic

So you're looking forward to @Crackle explaining the Coriolis effect to you then? I think the rest of us will be looking forward to your "low punched shot" [1].

I think I may join you from Eureka, as usual. And probably ride back again, I do enjoy my annual Saturday Night Ride from the Coast...

[1] Well, perhaps not Crackle...

Crackle, StuAff, nickyboy and 3 others like this.
  8. mike3121

mike3121 Senior Member

I have been looking at this since you first put it up @nickyboy yet again, not your fault, it falls smack bang in the middle of my late shifts. My boss has been off lately so will have a chat with him tomorrow to see if it possible to get this weekend. Cant make any promises but I will try my best.

9. OP
    OP
    nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

That's a pity....but I will run the Scarborough ride again, workload permitting

NorthernDave and Littgull like this.
  10. Crackle

Crackle Pah

He lives!

MossCommuter and theclaud like this.
  11. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

Just got back from last year innit

12. Crackle

Crackle Pah

Stuck on the Rhyl ring road.

theclaud and MossCommuter like this.
  13. Kestevan

Kestevan Last of the Summer Winos

Rhyll doesn't have a ring road... lets face it if you could go round the ruddy place no one would ever have to actually visit.

On reflection this is somewhat unfair. Rhyll serves a valuable and noble purpose... It makes the rest of Wales look like a pleasant place inhabited by cheerful smiling locals (cheerful mainly cos they're not in Rhyll I know, but still).

14. McWobble

McWobble Euthermic

Pah!

15. McWobble

McWobble Euthermic

Pah!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice