Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 12 May 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Rhyll doesn't have a ring road... lets face it if you could go round the ruddy place no one would ever have to actually visit.

On reflection this is somewhat unfair. Rhyll serves a valuable and noble purpose... It makes the rest of Wales look like a pleasant place inhabited by cheerful smiling locals (cheerful mainly cos they're not in Rhyll I know, but still).

I don't get why you all diss Rhyl so much. On our ride, it provides a lovely target as you tootle along the revetment. Admittedly the middle bit is somewhat basic, but the part out the other side where the Bike Hub is located is rather nice

Providing you close your eyes and pedal as fast as possible in the middle bit, all is good. And I like the bit through Prestatyn golf course so you're stuck with Rhyl I'm afraid

I don't get why you all diss Rhyl so much. On our ride, it provides a lovely target as you tootle along the revetment. Admittedly the middle bit is somewhat basic, but the part out the other side where the Bike Hub is located is rather nice

Providing you close your eyes and pedal as fast as possible in the middle bit, all is good. And I like the bit through Prestatyn golf course so you're stuck with Rhyl I'm afraid
So basically you're saying that the best part of Rhyl is Prestatyn?

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Is it Rhylly that bad?

(IGMC).

In other news, the last room at Karden House has been reserved.....

The middle bit of Rhyl has the air of a "traditional" British seaside resort. But the bit before is nice. And the rest of the ride to Llandudno is great

Here's what it looks like (albeit they are travelling in the opposite direction to us)

upload_2018-2-1_10-5-24.jpeg

And, from the sublime to the ridiculous...here's Timmy Mallet arriving on his bike in Llandudno (this was on my NCN5 photo search before you ask)

upload_2018-2-1_11-17-11.jpeg

I think over the years, my gentle ribaldry about the weather has gotten to him. I shall therefore hand over that task to someone else. Any volunteers?

Top Bottom