Manchester - Llandudno Saturday 18 May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Well, my previous reply appears to have disappeared in a puff of electrons, and we've yet to hear the sordid details of this karaoke, so I'll be brief (to many sighs of relief...)

I liked the new route: swapping Prestatyn and Rhyl for more of the charms of rural North Wales seems a very fair exchange. Good choice, @nickyboy! The journey was made all the more pleasant in the convivial company of Claud and Adam - and, yes, you certainly did appear to be floating up those hills Adam!

The chips and scampi were as good as always, and so was the Trapps. Even if Skolly did manage to force one or two extra pints at me :whistle:. It was here that I found out that @doughnut had tackled the hilly route despite only just being back on the bike - well done that man! Also nice to see @wanda2010.

The journey back... well, I thought I was going rather well in fact. Until, after about an hour I chanced upon a sign saying:
Llandudno: 5.
Wait, what? Check the garmin. Check it again. Zoom the map out. Zoom it out a bit more. Zoom it out a lot more. Sigh. Because, yes, I'd just spent the last hour going round in a circle. Which was less than pleasing as I resumed my journey (in the right direction) going past the very same drunks as I had a sodding hour ago. (I just know that the words I told you so are rushing to your keyboard right now so let me just point out that this is all Skolly's fault.)

So, the return journey turned out to be 69 (ha) miles and an extra hour than intended. Still, you bunch of reprobates made it worthwhile. :smile:
I went back to the bar to collect Mrs Adams forgotten bag and couldn't find my way back to where I left her.Thanks to the technology of mobile phones I found her and suitably angry "you promised youd take us for a meal !"
Got her a takeaway pizza,and a bottle of wine from Sainsburys.Luckily she's a cheap date...

Top Bottom