Manchester MTB ride Saturday 16th Feb 1pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If anyone is interested, a casual mountain bike ride from close to my house, out through Daisy Nook, to Clayton Vale MTB trails near the Manchester Velodrome national cycling centre. Probably ride back along the canal to avoid the roads.

Pace is going to be relaxed with a focus on enjoyment and having a go at any obstacles we encounter rather than going for maximum speed or great distance. Total ride should be between 15-20 miles.

Should be a laugh and now spring seems to be here, a good way to kickstart the years mountain biking....

@nickyboy @dan_bo @fossyant and anyone else that fancies it. All welcome :okay:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
What time are you likely to be back? My 14yo's at the velodrome for a BC session but I need to collect him around 5pm.

I wouldn't be riding the trails (racing Sun and not allowed medically) but I'm around that afternoon.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
If anyone is interested, a casual mountain bike ride from close to my house, out through Daisy Nook, to Clayton Vale MTB trails near the Manchester Velodrome national cycling centre. Probably ride back along the canal to avoid the roads.

Pace is going to be relaxed with a focus on enjoyment and having a go at any obstacles we encounter rather than going for maximum speed or great distance. Total ride should be between 15-20 miles.

Should be a laugh and now spring seems to be here, a good way to kickstart the years mountain biking....

@nickyboy @dan_bo @fossyant and anyone else that fancies it. All welcome :okay:

Mate Saturdays ain't good as a general rule sorry. Enjoy.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What sort of time/meeting point ? Can't promise yet as not sure what's going to happen with MIL - was planning on an early morning spin anyway, but time is a bit limited.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just landed from overseas so not really ready for this which is a pity as I'd fancy it (despite not actually owning a MTB)

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'll try to pop down to Clayton Vale, although I'll be on the Raleigh Pioneer.

If not as I've a lot of work on, and you're after a coffee/cake, I'll be in the velodrome cafe - my treat!

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
OK, who we got?

Me and 2 kids
Maybe @dan_bo
@fossyant?
@DCLane could be lurking in the bushes somewhere in the 'Vale'
One of my neighbours is joining us if he is back from a morning appointment on time.
That just leaves you @nickyboy. Come on mate, give it a go. I have a bike ready with flat pedals and just need to whack a saddle on it (or you could supply your own if you prefer). I promise not to force you to ride down any cliffs......

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
OK, who we got?

Me and 2 kids
Maybe @dan_bo
@fossyant?
@DCLane could be lurking in the bushes somewhere in the 'Vale'
One of my neighbours is joining us if he is back from a morning appointment on time.
That just leaves you @nickyboy. Come on mate, give it a go. I have a bike ready with flat pedals and just need to whack a saddle on it (or you could supply your own if you prefer). I promise not to force you to ride down any cliffs......

Nay cliffs in clayton!

Top Bottom