Manchester to Blackpool - Sunday 9th July 2017 anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do they always use the same route or does it get minor tweaks to improve it overtime?
The two times I did it the route was tweaked the second time but I don't know if this is a regular thing or if and when locals moan beyond a certain level.

One thing to consider is the fact that there are many many nobbers that take part in this ride, he will really need to keep his wits about him to avoid becoming part of the chaos.

Very true and a large part of the reason I've avoided this ride in recent years. From Old Trafford until Worsley roundabout was frankly frightening when I did it :eek:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
One thing to consider is the fact that although junior is becoming a competent rider (unlike his father) there are many many nobbers that take part in this ride, he will really need to keep his wits about him to avoid becoming part of the chaos.
Very true and a large part of the reason I've avoided this ride in recent years. From Old Trafford until Worsley roundabout was frankly frightening when I did it :eek:
Jnr has been warned about this, and I am used to being surrounded by nobbers, I work with a few!

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
What time you and the young-un setting of then @I like Skol ?

I'm riding this with a mate from work and @Steve H - current plan is to set of at 6.30 so we miss the majority of nobbers (and cos we're riding back - well I am, Steves already lining up the excuses......).

Disabledcyclist40

Hope it went well, as smokey and pots both say, the other riders can be nothing short of a danger.

I've seen some horrendous wipe outs from riders pushing way beyond their skill levels and poor driving from frustration boiling over.

Great ride and fantastic atmosphere, would love to be able to do it myself again one day, unlikely however.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Went great. Skol Jnr is just a machine and didn't flag for the whole ride. Average speed was a shade over 13mph which was great for an 11yr old and even in the headwind on the final stretch he kept motoring on.

We did see @Kestevan on his return trip, he was probably about an hour ahead of us if he had done a quick turn around at the finish line.

Weather was perfect, not too hot or too windy. Looking forward to doing it again with both kids next time.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Cracking day out. Set off early enough to miss most of the muppetry ( but still nearly got taken out by some obliviot cyclist simply pulling out without looking).
Pushed on a bit on the way out - with a stop for coffee at Haigh Hall. But then somewhat blotted copybook by laying on grass at Blackpool eating pizza and consuming some much needed carb replacement fluids...... @Steve H proved true to his word, wimped out and got the coach back.. can't honestly say I blame him, given how few miles he's done this year.

Quick wave to @I like Skol and his young protégé, followed by another carb stop at 90 miles on a more leisurely ride back.

Now sat at home with a bowl of pasta and a glass of rose..... days like today could be spent in many, many worse ways.

Top Bottom