Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

QuinnDexter

Did it in 3 hrs 23 mins. Nice route, albeit with some numpty weekender cyclists, swerving around. Managed to get stuck behind a bus driver who was mighty pissed off with all the bikes. Anyone see the guy on the 12ft mountain bike. Awesome.

toekneep

Definitely multiple cave girls then because the two we saw were between St. Annes and Blackpool at around 1pm. They're like buses those cave girls you know.

potsy

Rambler
So,whos having a rest day today then? I was going to but have now decided to go by bike,nice easy ride in.
Seems rude not to with the weather pretty good again.

peteoc

potsy said:
So,whos having a rest day today then? I was going to but have now decided to go by bike,nice easy ride in.
Seems rude not to with the weather pretty good again.

I was tempted however by the time I got out of the pub after the ride and home, I wasn't in the mood to give the bike a good clean........bit of water to get rid of the salt water and then tonight is when I tackle the sand on the chain :biggrin:

jamesxyz

QuinnDexter said:
Anyone see the guy on the 12ft mountain bike. Awesome.

i saw him at tthe start, along with a unicyclist! After fish n chips on way back through lytham we headed back to manc about 1.30. Were passing people coming towards blackpool up to about 25 miles back down the road i.e. Still 25 miles to go half past two/three o'clock! God know what timw they finished.

we got lost on way back as they'd removed all the signs! Got back to old trafford bout 6pm.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
jamesxyz said:
i saw him at tthe start, along with a unicyclist! After fish n chips on way back through lytham we headed back to manc about 1.30. Were passing people coming towards blackpool up to about 25 miles back down the road i.e. Still 25 miles to go half past two/three o'clock! God know what timw they finished.

we got lost on way back as they'd removed all the signs! Got back to old trafford bout 6pm.

Saw ?

I got a video of him :tongue:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY_FB6Rk0DQ

OP
OP
moxey

moxey

Bet he and the uni-cyclist struggled in the wind at Lytham. And up that hill towards the end.

potsy

Rambler
We saw him too,at the rest stop at the school,was watching how he got off it,he made it look really easy-very gracefully done.:ohmy:
God knows how he coped in that wind at the end though.

Ian Johnson

Did it in 3 hours 33mins, a best time for me, but thats because this year I did not stop for a food break,missed a lot of the bunching too this year and I was using my new Giant tcr advanced road bike:biggrin: Ate a couple of energy bars on the move,Dropped a lithe loooking guy on a pinnerello playing a bit of cat and mouse. Foolishy decided to cycle back to wigan right into that headwind, that was so energy sapping, decided just to take it very easy back. but I did it. Not bad for a part time cyclist, 95 miles done, knackering.

DaleB

Did it in 3 hours 33mins, a best time for me, but thats because this year I did not stop for a food break,missed a lot of the bunching too this year and I was using my new Giant tcr advanced road bike:biggrin: Ate a couple of energy bars on the move,Dropped a lithe loooking guy on a pinnerello playing a bit of cat and mouse. Foolishy decided to cycle back to wigan right into that headwind, that was so energy sapping, decided just to take it very easy back. but I did it. Not bad for a part time cyclist, 95 miles done, knackering.

It's the Manchester 100 miler for you next then :smile:

Top Bottom