Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Bayerd said:
Me too.

The girl I saw was about 7-8 miles from the finish, about 12.15pm.
That'll be her then Bayerd,didn't see much else apart from a few puncture stops,and a lot of clunky gear changing BSO's.

Bayerd

Über Member
potsy said:
That'll be her then Bayerd,didn't see much else apart from a few puncture stops,and a lot of clunky gear changing BSO's.

Oh yes. There were also a lot of new roadies in full team gear riding along midway between two gears.

My favorite bit was coming into Kirkham, there was a water barrel on the side before the hill. I filled up there and then showboated up the hill on my Halfords special with laden panniers on, riding one handed whilst drinking as I passed a few lycra clad legends puffing and panting on their road bikes.

Now I'm beginning to see the benefit of living in a hilly area:biggrin:

crisscross

We couldn't believe how many cyclists were walking up the Kirkham hill, my 7 year old rode to the top on his shocking £30 ebay mountain bike and forgot to change gear :wacko:

potsy

Rambler
The route was hillier than I expected,my cycling partner normally rides a leccy bike and has just bought a Sirrus Elite,every time we got to a hill I left him for dead and I'm rubbish on hills.
Just shows that the only way to get better is to ride them.

Bayerd

Über Member
potsy said:
The route was hillier than I expected,my cycling partner normally rides a leccy bike and has just bought a Sirrus Elite,every time we got to a hill I left him for dead and I'm rubbish on hills.
Just shows that the only way to get better is to ride them.

That's so true, I said to my mate today that it was nice to find out what riding on the flat is like. I couldn't believe how much easier it was compared to my normal routes.

trix

Regular
Whilst going through Preston, did no body think about shouting to the elitist, who were going the wrong direction, like towards Manchester...:wacko:

Only joking,,, What a fantastic day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

pyeeater

Well done everybody who took part. I had a great day!

Only two incidents that i saw ; the girl being attended to by the medics , and someone getting side swiped by a caravan.

We set off about 8.30 ish and did it in 3hours 45

DaleB

crisscross said:

Haha, yep that's definitely our legs/shoes right at the beginning :biggrin:
Our interview was that shocking i'm not surprised they didn't use it! (We're on plenty of photos though)

Like Jmetz said though, completed in 4h05min, i'm really pleased at that four a first attempt... The wind and rain on the 'beach front' though nearer Blackpool was a challenge bare-chested :tongue:

toekneep

Jmetz said:
Yeh a guy told us there were too cavegirls too. Copy cats. But they were way behind us as far as I am awareeee

We saw the cave girls too and they were behind you. I'm surprised you didn't see them at the finish as they were probably only half an hour or so behind. There might have been one of those beautiful moment. :tongue:

PMB

I set off at 8.25 and managed a decent time of 3.35hr with one water stop. Had a great time but the cave girls were at the finish wen I arrived at 12pm!!

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
PMB said:
I set off at 8.25 and managed a decent time of 3.35hr with one water stop. Had a great time but the cave girls were at the finish wen I arrived at 12pm!!

I am coming to the conclusion there were multiple cave girls or the ones that left with us at about 9:15 to 9:20 on fairly average bikes must have been flying:ohmy:

Top Bottom