Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
That could be a blessing then,I've heard bad things about that section thru the park from a mate who did it last year.
Another slight bit of promising news is tha Beeb are now forecasting light rain instead of the heavy rain that was originally forecast,still strong winds though thankfully should be mainly with us.:blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'll be thinking of you all whilst getting washed out at my folks BBQ tomorrow !

toekneep

Met office forecast isn't bad at all now, it may even stay dry. Just the strong southerly winds to contend with in the westerly stretches of the ride. Our gang will be riding back from Blackpool to Freckleton so straight into it for a while but there will be beer at the end of the road so it won't be hard. :biggrin:

pyeeater

Just bought some waterproof socks , now i'm sad i won't get to see if they realy work :biggrin: . Maybe i'll sit in the bath with them on later on tonight.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well it's 05.40 on Sunday, flat calm and bone dry. A little high cloud is crossing the western sky in a northerly direction but not the sort that gives precipitation. Where's this wind and rain?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Hope you survived the wind.....

Was nearly taken out by a flying gazebo this morning at a friends house. The gazebo came from three gardens away...... it was very close.

potsy

Rambler
Got back about 20 minutes ago,really enjoyed that.Wind was strong all day but last 10 miles it really picked up and lots of people were struggling.
Did it in 4hours 15mins and am pleased with that as a 1st attempt,well organised,plenty of places to stop for refreshments,nice goody bag at the end too.
Didn't see any 'cavemen' though,was watching for you all the way there.

OP
OP
moxey

moxey

Managed it in 3hours 57 without a stop so well chuffed with that. The wind was a bloody nightmare at Lytham though, very tough. Nice tail wind into the finish though so it kind of made up. Wel done to everyone that finished.
Didn't see any cavemen either.

toekneep

Been to Blackpool, back to the local in Freckleton for a pint and am now home for a shower before more beer later. Great ride, wind assisted most of the way but it was a bit of a bugger on Lytham front, just the same as last year. As we rode home I saw two cave men heading for Blackpool! Absolutely hissed down at the finish in Blackpool and for part of the ride home. Blue skies appearing now though which will be nice for the later finishers.

Top Bottom