Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
For sunday I'd suggest that anyone wanting to admit membership of CC simply writes a large CC (or CC logo) in marker pen (and perhaps their forum name) on the number sheet and pins it to their back.

potsy

Rambler
I might do the CC thing on the number sheet then.
Weather has already stopped 2 of my mates doing the ride(wimps) but the strong winds are southerly so should help(fingers crossed) still hoping the expected heavy rain moves away slightly as it could spoil the day for lots of people.

QuinnDexter

We just got 1 drop out from our ride team for Sunday as well. TBH the met office has been wrong on most rides I've done. It'll probably be rainy but not that heavy. The worst part of the day will be digesting the Blackpool seaside donuts.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Quandry now full waterproof jacket and risk sweating like a pig or showerproof lightweight and risk a soaking.:rolleyes:

peteoc

lightweight and get soaked, the temp is still high so should be warm enough, possibly the rain will be a blessing and cool us down :rolleyes:

OP
OP
moxey

moxey

All the best to everyone that's doing it. My number is 739, although if it's raining it'll be under my jacket so you won't be able to see it. I'm riding a silver/grey spesh allez and probably wearing a black endura jacket/gilet.

Here's hoping the wind is always at our backs !!

toekneep

Direction arrows have just gone up outside our house in Freckleton so it looks like the same route as last year from Kirkham to Blackpool at least. Any other CC peeps on route that can give us clues. I believe there is a music festival on at Haigh Hall so perhaps it isn't going through there this year.

pyeeater

As to the dodgy Haigh Hall part , it looks like it is bypassing the hall this year. I live close to the hall and the direction arrows go straight up haigh road, and then turn right at the top to go through redrock.

There's a music festival on at Haigh Hall tommorrow so i hope we dont go through there (can imagine trying to dodge broken beer bottles and sprawling festies).

Top Bottom