Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Enjoyed today - it stayed dry for the early starters which was a bonus. Organisation was reasonably good.

Managed to do it in about 3hrs 15 min.:rofl:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
moxey said:
Managed it in 3hours 57 without a stop so well chuffed with that. The wind was a bloody nightmare at Lytham though, very tough. Nice tail wind into the finish though so it kind of made up. Wel done to everyone that finished.
Didn't see any cavemen either.

Plus one for that. I was a later start and by the time I got to Lytham was rather like a coldish power shower. Enjoyed the day though.
Seeing people getting off the BSO's to have a fag three miles in on a ride promoting support for a cancer charity was amusing and rather ironic :smile::rofl:

peteoc

We did it in 4hrs dead, however the Blackpool ride does attract the organ donors.... Too many fools riding like muppets

Globalti

Legendary Member
When I did it last year I spent the first half getting past hoardes of riders on crappy bikes with tyres under-inflated and wearing a week's worth of clothing around their waists, swerving around all over the road. One bloke even rear-ended me when i stopped for a traffic light. The worst were the big groups of people wearing identical hospice T shirts; all you could do was cross right over to the other side and try to speed past them. My average speed climbed steadily throughout the ride as the crowds thinned out. Some rider were doing their best to antagonise car drivers, I heard words exchanged more than once. How long before the authorities put a brake on these mass rides for charidee?

Jmetz

4h5mins. Started late at about 9ish. Granada reports interviewed us and the bear tried it on with me! Nobody saw us though :rofl: last few miles through lytham were horrid; nipples out with gales and rain isn't fun

crisscross

We did it in what seemed like three days!

We ended up going backwards through Lytham the wind was that strong!

My children aged 10 and 7 did it and were fantastic, they made it up all the hills.

We were making decent time until the wind tunnel.

Great fun, will do it again next year.

crisscross

potsy

Rambler
crisscross said:
Was that not the two cute cavegirls we passed or maybe I was halucynating by 50miles!
Could be mats,we didn't see any cavemen or women,but we did see a guy in a tutu and one dressed as Elvis.
Only sad point of the day was seeing a rider down late on,ambulance was there,rider was lay on pavement covered in blanket.

Bayerd

Über Member
potsy said:
Could be mats,we didn't see any cavemen or women,but we did see a guy in a tutu and one dressed as Elvis.
Only sad point of the day was seeing a rider down late on,ambulance was there,rider was lay on pavement covered in blanket.

Blonde headed girl perchance? I passed by whilst she was being attended to. Must have been an accident, she went past us a few miles before that at a decent pace.

potsy

Rambler
Bayerd said:
Blonde headed girl perchance? I passed by whilst she was being attended to. Must have been an accident, she went past us a few miles before that at a decent pace.
Could have been,was difficult to tell if they were male or female from the glimpse I got,hope he/she is OK.

Top Bottom