Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Just a reminder for everyone doing this; don't give the robbing barstewards the entry fee. You're doing the route and they want to charge you for the privilege despite giving you nothing for that. Stand up to them and REFUSE TO PAY! You know it's the right thing.

DappaDonDave

can someone email me the sponsership form for this ride for christies, my ride organisers is taking the P!55 and not sending it in time.

Did this last year, was my first long distance ride and its got me addicted! Loved it...see you all there! I'll be riding as part of cycle blackpool, the Council team..WHOOP!

email addy is kudos999@msn.com

DaleB

SBaxter said:
Dale,

Average for a fairy I believe is 4 hrs 10 minutes! :laugh:

and what about a caveman? :smile:

hmmm, yes that's about my commute pace - will i be able to keep it up for 60 miles though? (no jokes) :smile:

Bayerd

Über Member
I'm riding in aid of the MacMillan Cancer support charity on Sunday, I'll be wearing a bright green t shirt with 'Birdy Manchester to Blackpool 2010' printed on the back. If you see me, feel free to say hi!

We're aiming to set off at 8am.

Jmetz

how is everyone affixing their numbers?

potsy

Rambler
Jmetz said:
how is everyone affixing their numbers?
ooh just reminded me about that,safety pins I was thinking,unless there's a better way.That's if you can find ones strong enough to go thru your loin cloth:biggrin:

peteoc

On the Manchester to Liverpool ride, I saw someone using duct tape to fix their number on.........myself, I will be using safety pins :sad:

It looks like most people here are looking at starting around 8am, no doubt we'll all see each other but have no clue and not utter a word to each other :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'll be doing it and paying despite agreeing largely with what PaulB says. Aiming for a very early start if I can and I want to beat last year's time of 4 hours 4 minutes.

Why doesn't CC do a cheap arm band or something for spotting fellow members?

Top Bottom