Manchester to Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Jmetz said:
noooo, get your name down then you can't chicken out! :eek:
+1 that's why I signed up early,no going back now:biggrin:

peteoc

aye get your name down :eek:

I believe there's a group of about 9 of us doing it together which should be fun, we're going to give it a decent go at getting a decent time, no stopping etc :biggrin:

DaleB

I'm currently trying to get it off work... Fingers crossed!

If i can do it, i think i'll take the advice and go for the earily start :eek:

OP
OP
moxey

moxey

8am start for me. My wife and I and our 3 week old baby will be staying in the premier inn near old trafford the night before as we thought it would be too hard to get down to the start early enough. Do you think the hotel will object to me having my bike in the room with me ? Don't really want to leave it in the car overnight.

peteoc

Moxey, if their policies are still the same as when it was the Golden Tulip then no it should be fine as I used to work there :wacko:

To be honest, just take your bike to your room without even asking, most hotels won't want to piss you off but if you ask they can say no xx(

toekneep

There are thirty one of us from our club doing it. I think we have a 7.30 start so hopefully won't be too bad. Most of us will probably ride back to Freckleton where our local (Ponky's) will put on a reception and a bit of a party in the evening. It was great last year with eighteen of us so this year should be even better. Staying together could be interesting though.

OP
OP
moxey

moxey

did my furthest distance to date yesterday from mine to Fleetwood and back. 57 miles and not feeling too bad today. Knee a bit sore though. Good luck everyone thats doing it.

gingergav

Did MCR to BPool on my own a couple of years ago - plenty of people doing it means plenty of company! Route is tougher than it sounds - nasty sharp short hills at mile 55! Well organised on the whole, but wouldn't trust the lorry transport with my Bianchi.

crisscross

We'd like to do the ride but the age limit is pretty restrictive ( 14 and over.)

I pressume that the ride is only on open public roads and there is no way to stop people tagging along?

We have paid the fee already to the charity but my 10 year old would like to do the ride as well.

Top Bottom