Manchester To Blackpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dav1d

Hi

Does anyone have any routes from Manchester to Blackpool, the quietet routes please?

I've used online map thingies, but they rely heavily on A roads (I can use them, but I prefer not to, and will use them if neccessary).

Thanks!

PaulB

Legendary Member
My running club used to compete in the famous Manchester to Blackpool relay which has now been cancelled due to the increase in traffic en-route in recent years. It was a fairly quiet route for the most part heading out from Heaton Park, through Salford, Bolton, Chorley (there's an area there now which has grown out of all proportion), Leyland, then onto very quiet roads towards the rural and flat Lancashire coast and finally through Lytham into Blackpool. I'll try and dig up an old copy of the route.

OP
OP
D

dav1d

PaulB said:
My running club used to compete in the famous Manchester to Blackpool relay which has now been cancelled due to the increase in traffic en-route in recent years. It was a fairly quiet route for the most part heading out from Heaton Park, through Salford, Bolton, Chorley (there's an area there now which has grown out of all proportion), Leyland, then onto very quiet roads towards the rural and flat Lancashire coast and finally through Lytham into Blackpool. I'll try and dig up an old copy of the route.

Thanks. That would be great, I don't live too far from heaton Park (Salford).

Top Bottom