Manchester track bash Sun 28th nov 1-3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparty69

Er, pardon my ignorance, but what is it??. I assume it's riding around a track rather than on the road. If so, can I do it on my road bike? or am I going to make a tit of myself? :blush:

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Er, pardon my ignorance, but what is it??. I assume it's riding around a track rather than on the road. If so, can I do it on my road bike? or am I going to make a tit of myself? :blush:

It's a two hour coached session at manchester velodrome- sorry but velodrome- accredited bikes (which you can hire for a very reasonable sum) only.

You'd only make a tit of yourself on your road bike if you stopped pedalling.

sparty69

Sounds interesting. I'd love to have a go at riding round the velodrome. When you say reasonable sum, how much are we talking?. My only concern is, I'm new to this cycling lark and my fitness levels aren't too great at the moment. Am I wasting my time doing this?

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Bike hire is £9.90 for a two hour session, shoe hire is £4.20 (although you can use the clips and straps for free if you like) and track hire is divided between the attendees- usually works out around a ten spot.

Fitness isn't to be worried about- everyone is panting like an old donkey by the end either way. It's a good laugh as well.

KINGCUTTER

Sparty make your self known and we will stay well clear of you, I mean help you out as much as possible lol
laugh.gif

400bhp

Guru
I'm interested.

So, what exactly happens in the 2 hrs?

longers

Legendary Member
If you've not been on before, them that have get on and do a few laps while the coach talks you through what and what not to do and then you're away.

The coach breaks up the session so it's not just going round and round and round mindlessly.

You can put as much effort into it as you want and you can pull over at any time for a drink, rest or otherwise. It's not really serious unless you want it to be but the emphasis is on going round quick and safe.

Top Bottom