Manchester Velodrome - Bike Share

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KurtAlden

Regular
Hello

I'm hoping to get accredited in the next couple of months then go racing in the MRTL, possibly starting around December. I've been using a 56 frame Dolan but I'll need my own bike and storage at the Velodrome but it's a bit of a stretch at the moment. Do cyclists sometimes share a bike and storage costs, that'd be great for me but I don't really know if it's done.

K

They dont normally share bikes or storage. Carol who runs the MRTL will ask how many SQts you have attended before racing in the MRTL.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Where are you based? I've a 54cm Raleigh that sits unused most of the time as I'm not yet at the accreditation stage and struggling to find the time.

However, I'm in West Yorkshire.

An alternative to the MRTL is the ACT League, which is on a Monday. I'm there with my 14yo who races in that league, and he's starting MRTL in October. However, he's already been racing for over a year indoors/outdoors and done lots of the youth equivalent SQT's.

There's the Track cycling buy/sell FB group who may have something :https://www.facebook.com/groups/373499156138729

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KurtAlden

Regular
TissoT, thanks for responding. Seems like sharing is not really on then. I'll have to have a think, I can't drive for medical reasons and bikes aren't allowed on the tram and I can't really ride it there so it's a bit of a quandary. I'm wondering when a bike becomes "luggage" - maybe if I take the wheels off and wrap it in a bin bag I'll be able to take it on the tram!

I also suspect you're suggesting that I'm being optimistic to think I might be racing in a couple of months, you're probably right, I'll just crack on and see how it goes and be prepared for it to be a while before I'm ready and safe to race. There's no mad rush really.

DCLane, I'm based on Davenport. I did look at the ACT league but it was a bit tricky due to scheduling plus it seemed less suitable for beginners. What we're you suggesting for your bike?

Cheers chaps
K

Top Bottom