Maps and Routes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

Über Member
Well having my garmin edge for almost a week. Trying to get to grips with it but bave a few questions. So here goes.
1- Are there different level of maps to have on the 705? If so how do I know what I have?
2- Is garmin connect good for planning and uploading routes to it? If not what do you use and how do you load it onto the device?
3- Planning a route, if you want a mid way cafe stop is it a case of planning a route where you know there is one or is the a system to mark out where cafes are?

Think thats it for now I think.

Ningishzidda

Go to YACF.

Yet Another Cycle Forum.

Wobblers

Euthermic
YACF has a board devoted to GPS here.

The base maps on the 705 is very basic. You can buy better maps from Garmin, either on DVD which you then load onto the 705 or preloaded onto a micro-SD card. A cheaper option is to download download Open StreetMaps for free and load that onto your GPS. I've used them on a 705, and they're very good. I've not bothered to use Garmin Connect myself, so can't comment on how easy it is to use it. While some maps may have places of interest marked on them such as cafes, most will not so you'll have to plan the route yourself to cafe you know about.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Get yourself opencyclemaps and do your route planning on bikehike. All the cafes you could care for (& bike shops too)

Top Bottom